chaseter's 39G CAD Nano Take Two!

chaseter

Ordered it just today. I bought the CAD 39G signature with 150w 14k MH with 2x24 actinic supplement. That is 198 watts total! With a refugium in the back, the display tank will be 35ish gallons for a total of nearly 6 watts per gallon! The MH intensity will allow me to keep whatever corals I want!
I fought between the Finnex and the CAD for days on end but 9 extra gallons sold me.
I talked to Eddie, super nice guy, and he gave me a good deal lower than their asking price. I can't wait to get this going!

nissan577

woohoo!!!!
thanks to me
im kidding i cant wait!!!! the tank is gonna rock!!!! when are you getting it????

chaseter

They are closed so it will be processed Monday I assume and shipped to me by the end of next week or early the week after!

chaseter

My current rose bubble anem I guess ate my firefish and my barber stripped goby (I assume because they have been missing for a week and the anem moved) so all I have for occupants are my gold banded maroon and my yellow watchmen.
So, I am looking on a future stocklist! I definitely want one larger fish but I would love to hear suggestions!

nissan577

you can do IMO:
flame angel
2 fire fish (if closed hood)
2 black and white clowns
ywg
and inverts any

i wouldnt add the maroon since they are really aggressive. so if you can trade him/her in that will be great

chaseter

My maroon believe it or not is super nice. He does pester the goby but he only puts his butt in his face. He doesn't attack and he only swims over to the goby if the goby is near his anem. I have never seen him peck or bite. He is very calm. He eats from my hand and he only stays in his anem all day.
Oh...I am def. getting a mandarin after I give my tank some time to establish a pod population. So that will be a clown, goby, and mandarin. Other than that...I have no idea yet!

nissan577

firefish???? flame angel????
well no flame angel since you got the maroon in a small tank. maybe chromis

chaseter

I might keep the glass lid off in case of heat issues so no jumpers. That means no firefish. Will the maroon attack the flame angel?

nissan577

the flame is semi-agressive. well nycbob has a flame angel with a Cinnamon Clownfish and they seem fine.

chaseter

I figure if I put the anem on one side, the clown will stay over there and the other fish will learn not to swim around there. Maybe even try to place the anem towards the top? It's 39 gallons...that is big enough to roam for two aggressive fish isn't it?

chaseter

If any of you want a new nano, I highly suggest you check out CAD's website. Eddie is super nice and will give you a deal that is lower than the list price on top of the sale price! All of their tanks are on sale now, some off $100 or more!
I got my CAD 39 with a stand for $850 shippied! That is an awesome price!

chaseter

Speaking of, I need to get rid of my biocube 14. I still have the box it came in and can ship it any where in the US.
It will come with:
biocube 14
protein skimmer
20 gallon rated heater
koralia nano powerhead
no bioballs (refugium mod) so it will come with the tiny refugium light
I would say $150 +$25 shipped???
No scratches, perfect condition.
If no one wants the tank, I can sell the skimmer, heater, and nano powerhead for $50 +shipping?

chaseter

My tank comes in tomorrow! Also, everything is still for sale. Also, I got a better pump so the biocube comes with a much better pump that the crappy stock one it came with.