Check Out the Size of This Frogspawn

euphoria

Just bought it today. it's hard to tell the size, but it's about the size of a basketball, about a food end to end. Paid $300 for it and got the guy to give me a nice piece of green zoo's for free (about 100 polyps on it).
In the pic it's still not fully open. I'll take more pics if I get a chance

euphoria

For size comparison, you can spot the moon coral (or is it favites, whatever) at the bottom of the pic. The moon coral (or favites) is about 5 inches across.

ohioguy06

Originally Posted by EUPHORIA
For size comparison, you can spot the moon coral (or is it favites, whatever) at the bottom of the pic. The moon coral (or favites) is about 5 inches across.
Awesome man how did you like the tang............ Good luck and get some pics of those zoo's to.

fishieness

holy crap!!! those buggers grow pretty fast too under the right lighting! youll be fraggin soon cause one with that many heads are goign to grow like wowza!

euphoria

It has about a dozen heads. If I was to frag and sell them separately I'd get my $300 back and then some :)
I have it under low flow and metal halides and it's doing great so far.
Do you guys know if it's ok to have hammer corals and frogspawns close to each other?
OHIOGUY --- LOVED the tang man. I definitely want to get one for my tank to go w/ my yellow tang. I heard sohals are kinda aggressive, so hopefully they'll get along.
Have you ordered fish from this site? I am always paranoid about ordering stuff I can't see w/ my own eyes first, AND the LFS rarely has Sohals and other fancy fish.

ohioguy06

It has about a dozen heads. If I was to frag and sell them separately I'd get my $300 back and then some :)
I have it under low flow and metal halides and it's doing great so far.
Do you guys know if it's ok to have hammer corals and frogspawns close to each other?
OHIOGUY --- LOVED the tang man. I definitely want to get one for my tank to go w/ my yellow tang. I heard sohals are kinda aggressive, so hopefully they'll get along.
Have you ordered fish from this site? I am always paranoid about ordering stuff I can't see w/ my own eyes first, AND the LFS rarely has Sohals and other fancy fish.
I have not ordered fish from here but i have ordered in 24 pepperment shrimp for me and couple others and till this day every single one is alive and well
Rich

ohioguy06

Also this site has a great guarentee so i would definetly order fish from here someday.... Just dont have what im looking for currently or else i would.

hkdonreefs

Hammers and frogspawns can touch each other cause they are from the same family wont sting. The only one that you dont want close is the torch. I have a branching hammer and frogspawn and they are touching. I have ordered lots of things from this site and everything has been better than expected. I actually prefered to order from here until I found a great lfs by me. There are about 10 lfs but I only will buy from one.

euphoria

How long does shipping take if I place an order here. I'm so tempted to try the achilles tang. Are chances of keeping it alive a lot less than if I went w/ a Sohal tang?

tangwhispr

How long does shipping take if I place an order here. I'm so tempted to try the achilles tang. Are chances of keeping it alive a lot less than if I went w/ a Sohal tang?

My achillies is awesome, he is very active, good eater, although of all my tangs he got ich, He recovered pretty quickly, he is peacefull with all my other tangs except the regal, he will chase him now and again, but they never actually fight, usually the regal just hides in some LR for a few min then comes back out. My Tangs include
1 regal
2 naso
1 powder brown
1 powder blue
1 kole, 1 clown
1 white cheek

euphoria

I had a chevron tang about 2 weeks ago and it just died out of nowhere.
out of these tangs, which one would you recommend as far as survivability and temper
Sohal
Achilles
Clown

mudplayerx

It is sort of trial an error on which corals can touch each other. Just being from the same family will not always guarantee that they will not sting each other. For example, zooanthids of different species quite frequently sting each other.

tangwhispr

I had a chevron tang about 2 weeks ago and it just died out of nowhere.
out of these tangs, which one would you recommend as far as survivability and temper
Sohal
Achilles
Clown
I had a chevron, he was soooo aggressive I took him back...clowns can be pretty aggresive too...my personal fav would be the achillies.
Eric

dek196

I love the Sohal as well, I think it's hit or miss on the aggressiveness, put him in last, very last and your chances are much better. Good Luck, Donnie

testieone

Awesome Frogspawn! I was really upset when I lost out at the last minute for an online bid for a nice one too. Wasn't as nice as yours though. How do you place it, do you glue it down or does it wander? If you decide to frag it, please let me know.....Zach
testieone@verizon.net

euphoria

it's not glued down. It has multiple branches that all add up to one thick branch, and I just inserted that branch between rocks.