Cheryl's Jbj 28 HQI

cherylann

Hi, I have been reading these forms for over a year and I would like to share my pics of my Jbj 8 gal. It has a 1/15 coast chiller, a tunze 9002 skimmer, a CPR refugium, and 1 Korola 2 power head. Stock includes
Pair of black and white clowns
Fire fish three
Whatchman gobie and shrimp
Green citron gobbie
Fire shrimp
Pepperment shrimp 3
Dersa, maxima, squamosa and corcea clams
Bubble tip anemone
Nice carpet anemone
Multiple Sps
Gsp covering the back
Tank is a year old, and recieves water changes weekly. I also have a new 24 gal Aqua pod.
Now how to post pic's.

meowzer

You did good...LOl...In your description it says 8G...I was like WHAT...how could all that fit in an 8g.

Your tank looks nice..that's quite a stock list thoug
do you ever have any water problems???

cherylann

Thank you for your quick response, After I spent some time I figured out how to post obviously and upload pic's. I avoid water problem doing water changes weekly usually 30%, of course watching everything and looking for changes in appearence and activity, the tunze skimmer works very well. I also have the refugium and water tests of course

fishkid13

Welcome! Looks good. Ask the Mod's to move it to the nano thread or something instead of here, might get some more replys.

meowzer

Originally Posted by fishkid13
http:///forum/post/3143385
Welcome! Looks good. Ask the Mod's to move it to the nano thread or something instead of here, might get some more replys.
Good point kid...I never even noticed the section we were in

cherylann

Its just cannon super shot and it sucks when taking pic's of tanks. I could use some guidence and should do some research on photo techniquies for fish tanks and inhabitance. I never thought you could have too much coraline alge, but it washes the tank out even though it's not in the glass. Thank you for your kind words.

T

tizzo

Well I, for one, am glad it's here otherwise I would have missed it!
Very impressive setup! Tunze skimmer, chiller, etc on a nano!
Don't see that everyday.
Is your jbj glass or acrylic?
Oh and your livestock is very nice also!

cherylann

Very kind words, thank you. I myself prefer glass. I once had a 200 gal acrylic tank and no matter how carefull I was I was always worried about scratchs. I also had to maintain a 600 gal tank at a community college in Ca. and getting the scratches out of that was a nightmare. Although glass is heavier and has a green tint, personally I prefer it.

nycbob

looks good. u r not leaving any room for ur corals and anemones to grow in the future. the two anemones can easily take over the tank within a year.

cherylann

Thank you for viewing my post. I have had years of experience with anemone's. I had a beautiful 8 gal nano with five rose bubble tips and two clowns for 4 years under just pc's with no problems, the problems came when I went on vacation and the person in charge over fed my tank. I know when these get to big or begin to wander I will move them. So far they have never wandered and are not hosted by my black clowns too bad. I am narotic about keeping my tank inhabitants alive and healthy, nothing goes un-noticed. Experienced saltwater individual's can sometime push the envelope without a bad outcome. Thank you for your concern.

nycbob

true. if one knows what he/she is doing, then its ok imo. my tank isnt exactly understocked either.