Chili coral???

regal_tang_fan

My wife just got me a coral for my birthday and I am not sure it's what she was told it was. She was told it was a Pink Nepthea but I am pretty sure it is not. Is it possibly a chili coral? Whatever it is its big and has great color!

Attachments

flower

Beautiful, it is absolutely not a Chili coral. I have never seen a Nepthea that color either... I did have a neon colored Kenya tree coral (AKA nepthea), and it was shaped kind of like that.

flower

Just a word of advice... Don't allow anyone to purchase critters for your tank. If your wife want's to give you a coral, fish or invert as a gift, she should offer to pay for something you select. It may not be a big deal this time, but it could spell disaster in the future. Everything added to your tank, dictates what can be added later on, and must survive whatever is in there already. Others really don't know your tank, and all critters need to be researched before you purchase it.

One person should be stocking the tank, or if it's a joint venture, at least each have input, THEN make a decision together on what to add.

It really is a very beautiful coral...and Happy Birthday by the way.