Chiller help?? Anyone? :(

nissan577

LOL...I'm not selling anything...I'm trying with all my might to give the thing away, but I can't afford to pay to ship it. I paid quite a bit of money for it, I just want to clear out my garage. Every time I'm reminded of the MH lights..l offer them again, otherwise it's out of sight out of mind. Until I go into the garage anyway.
Oh, and we are not allowed to sell or buy anything on the site...give away is okay.
how much shipping? Lol

deejeff442

i am looking to get rid of my 250 gallon and stand.since i am going bigger with the new house. imo it just aint worth trying to sell stuff anymore. sometimes better to give things to people who will use it. i would post on clist free but ....people are dirt bags they would come get it and try to sell it. anyone here wanna big tank and sweet stand let me know just use the thing .

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan577 http:///t/395176/chiller-help-anyone/20#post_3517846
how much shipping? Lol
I have no idea off hand...The unit is heavy just by itself...and then it has 2 ballasts that weight about 12 pounds each. There is a short on one side, that I was told was an easy fix. But it's free to anyone willing to pay to ship it. I'm willing to figure out how to box it up.
Deejeff...Oh how I wish I had a way to get that tank and stand, I would swap out my 90g and put that tank in its place...I'm with you on just give it away, and just want somebody to enjoy it, and use it.
That's the problem with these big things...it's so hard to figure out how to ship it if they can't come and pick it up. I hate C List, too many crazies, and I sure wouldn't want any of those folks knowing where I live.

nissan577

i am looking to get rid of my 250 gallon and stand.since i am going bigger with the new house. imo it just aint worth trying to sell stuff anymore. sometimes better to give things to people who will use it. i would post on clist free but ....people are dirt bags they would come get it and try to sell it. anyone here wanna big tank and sweet stand let me know just use the thing .
I have no idea off hand...The unit is heavy just by itself...and then it has 2 ballasts that weight about 12 pounds each. There is a short on one side, that I was told was an easy fix. But it's free to anyone willing to pay to ship it. I'm willing to figure out how to box it up.
Deejeff...Oh how I wish I had a way to get that tank and stand, I would swap out my 90g and put that tank in its place...I'm with you on just give it away, and just want somebody to enjoy it, and use it.
That's the problem with these big things...it's so hard to figure out how to ship it if they can't come and pick it up. I hate C List, too many crazies, and I sure wouldn't want any of those folks knowing where I live.
I agree with you both! Forget clist forever!!!!

novahobbies

I use clist to buy and sell both from time to time, but yes....clist is usually full of low-life flea market resellers so it can be somewhat daunting.
Nissan, how is it that you're not part of the local club down here?? We need to sit down and talk, son.

nissan577

I use clist to buy and sell both from time to time, but yes....clist is usually full of low-life flea market resellers so it can be somewhat daunting.
Nissan, how is it that you're not part of the local club down here??  We need to sit down and talk, son.  :laughing:
Lol, I go to the frag swap :) does that help? Lol. Honestly cause I really this is my hobby and something I do on the side. Fmas and wpbmas clubs think they are the best and that they know everything!! And I hate that so that's why I don't join clubs. Lol

deejeff442

what you dont want to fight over a clown fish?as much as i love this sport.i wouldnt join a club except this one

nissan577

what you dont want to fight over a clown fish?as much as i love this sport.i wouldnt join a club except this one :t^:
I think the saltwaterfish club is the best one ever!

S

siptang

Nissan - Hello my fellow Floridian.
Can I ask why you made the switch back from LEDs? Perhaps it was different type of spectrum you were looking for? There are great diy kits available to you or fixtures that provides everything you need at great prices and also at no heat. Also from researches from various institutes and respectable industry researchers, anywhere from 74 to 79 is acceptable. Anything over 80 accelerates the coral metabolism and makes them more susceptible to diseases. I just have some clip on my canopy and my tank doesn't go over 77.x degrees. If you want to talk about it, let me know. I will be more then willing to help you out.
BTW - that is MORE then sufficient of a cooler and a great price if I may add. ;) I used to use 1/13th horse power unit for my 72 for the size and the noise level when I had MH and it worked just fine.

nissan577

Nissan - Hello my fellow Floridian.
Can I ask why you made the switch back from LEDs? Perhaps it was different type of spectrum you were looking for? There are great diy kits available to you or fixtures that provides everything you need at great prices and also at no heat. Also from researches from various institutes and respectable industry researchers, anywhere from 74 to 79 is acceptable. Anything over 80 accelerates the coral metabolism and makes them more susceptible to diseases. I just have some clip on my canopy and my tank doesn't go over 77.x degrees. If you want to talk about it, let me know. I will be more then willing to help you out.
BTW - that is MORE then sufficient of a cooler and a great price if I may add. ;) I used to use 1/13th horse power unit for my 72 for the size and the noise level when I had MH and it worked just fine.

Thank you so much. I made the switch cause the Chinese LEDs kill everything and I must say I did miss the metal halides. My corals are more happy with ir and they are encrusting just fine. And for now I have a fan that turns on with the Mh and they keep my tank at 76-77 through out the day an night

S

siptang

That's good, we have good central air in so.fl so usually a fan will do it unless you have a canopy that really has NO ventilation what so ever.

nissan577

That's good, we have good central air in so.fl so usually a fan will do it unless you have a canopy that really has NO ventilation what so ever.
No canopy here so it's good :)