Choose one fish.......

jeb butler

Originally Posted by Life~Reefer
http:///forum/post/2931440
Yes I understand that!
Can anyone help with the lid???
Make sure it's glass to withstand the heat. Is your aquarium store bought or custom, any glass place can custom make you a lid. Also look at a yellow shrimp goby they are beautiful to me. Looks like a little pissed off old man but has a nice yellow /lime green in anctic light. Good Luck!!!

oceanlover

Originally Posted by Life~Reefer
http:///forum/post/2932032
I am officially adding no jumpers to the LIST! As I would like the open top.
I see you are considering a Midas Blenny and they are my favorite fish of all time. Their color is beautiful, they are active so you can see them, they eat whatever you feed them, they don't eat corals or invertebrates, and they are not super expensive. But, they can and will jump, especially when they are new to a tank. My first Midas committed suicide after about 4 months and it was heartbreaking to find its body dried up on the floor after a particulary crappy day at work. As I also have wrasse, I now keep a lid on my tank and yes I have another beautiful Midas (about a year now).

iyachtuxivm

Clown gobies are great. They come in many colors too. I have a black, green and just got a red one. The black ones seem to be the most active and unafraid. I havent seen the red one in the day light since I got him. I also have two fire fish they dont even try to jump. My flasher wrasse on the other hand RIP. He jumped through egg crate. And I also have a mandarin if you get one just make sure it will eat frozen before you take it home. Mine eats anything I feed, including flake. All these fish are great ( i cant vouch for the red clown goby I only see him in the corner at the top of the tank in the dark)have wonderful personalities, and are colorful.
I have also heard the firefish jumping thing, and the clown goby picking at sps neither of those fish have exhibited any of those traits yet. Yet is being the operable term.

I've never heard of a sixline jumping? Both of mine stayed down at the bottom looking in rocks all day.
I vote for the flame hawk also, an awesome colorful fish with tons of personality.

locoyo386

lemonpeel angel, powder brown tang, convict tang, ignitus anthias, highfin perchlet, saddleback butterflyfish.
Would the material they use for screen doors work,
. Well maybe not, but just a thought.

a pink and blue goby ~ I just bought one a few days ago and he's about 6" -7"....huge for a goby....not jumpers....colorful and peaceful...and mines not a hider,he's always out and about

jtt

an army of clown gobies, the orange, the green, the panda, the cinnimon. they are tiny, small, colorful, reef safe, they dont jump and dont add much to the bioload.

C

calvertbill

When I first read the topic I was about to suggest any of the fairy wrasses but I refrained when I read the stipulation that the fish should not be jumpers!
Now that folk are getting into screening I guess that restriction has gone by the wayside, so...
Fairy Wrasse...Hard to find, total jumpers, but subtle colors and graceful cruisers.

life~reefer

Thanks everyone!
I haVE changed up my list a little bit!
-Yellow tang
-Midas Blenny
-One percula
-Something with a cool pattern
-Something with a cool pattern
By cool pattern I mean something like a mandarin.
I am still deciding and have not really made up my mind.
No more yellow fish because I already have two really bright yellow ones.
More suggestions???

meowzer

I thought you were getting a pair of percs??? I have a green mandarin, and it's really cool looking, but I think you have to have a LOT of pods for them (I DO)
I just got a red spotted sand perch....look it up...it's really cool..better in person...watches you all the time, and each eye moves in different directions.

life~reefer

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2949976
I thought you were getting a pair of percs??? I have a green mandarin, and it's really cool looking, but I think you have to have a LOT of pods for them (I DO)
I just got a red spotted sand perch....look it up...it's really cool..better in person...watches you all the time, and each eye moves in different directions.
Well I did get a pair put the male died of brooklynella! : (
And I don't want to go through the whole finding a partner thing. I hate to be mean but the female looked way better. She had bigger fins and a brighter color. so I am going to stick with her and add a different fish. I have quite a lot of pods and I am trying to build a refugium. That is why I ask you about the fine sponge in your fuge. I thought the pods did not go through?? and I am in the process in looking up the other fish you suggested.