Christmas pics of the kids

sugarfox03

She LOVES kids, loves the water, and has the best temperament. She's the sweetest, smartest, most loving dog (Magnum is sweet & loving, but not that smart) :) Temperament has a lot to do with how they are raised and trained. From day 1 Maui went everywhere with me, first day I got her she was at the beach, on a jet ski and a boat, so she had to like water! She loves going to the beach and running around in the water with me. She's the most obedient of my 3. I want to get her into therapy dog work, but she throws her weight around, and does the bully lean on people. We are working on that, but I don't want to bring her to a school or hospital and have her lean on an older person or sick kid. She's also real quick to flop over on her back for belly rubs, again, something else we are working on. Other than that she's the best. We have this incredible bond that I can't describe. She's my doggie soul mate. :)

blazehok68

Nice. I Am Going To Be Getting A Big Dog Within The Next Year, And Im Still Deciding On What To Get. I Was Thinking About Getting A Black Lab, But The American Bulldog Is So Cool Looking. I Might Have To Put One Of Them On My List Also.

bill109

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Not dressed up but cute anyways.

Dress them up!

ROFL
dosent matter what

sugarfox03

They are CUTE!! I love their faces!! Are they theifs? When I had Thug (yes, his name was Thug) he hid everything under/behind my couch! I kept thinking I was losing his toys, and a few weeks after he found a new home I was cleaning and moved my couch to vacuum and found all of his toys!

BLAZEHOK68, make sure you take the dog to obedience training, or you will never control the dog. They are strong! Labs are good dogs too, but not for me, they shed too much. I like the easy "wash & wear" coats of the bully breeds. Just run a curry brush over them a few times and week and you're good to go. Whatever you do, don't get the dog based on looks, image is the wrong reason to get a dog. Get the dog because you know, understand, and agree with their temperaments and behaviors. Do some research on the breed, what they were bred to do (guard & hunt) and meet some, make sure its the dog for you. They are wonderful, I will never own anything but a bully, but they are not for everyone. They are also prone to becoming dog aggressive, so just make sure you are ready for that too. Feel free to ask me any questions about them! I'd be glad to help!

teresaq

I agree. Dont mean to butt in, but never purchase a dog on looks alone. I am a dobie person. But I only like females for thier personallity. We lost our a couple of yrs ago to old age. We got a shepard and now wish I had stuck with another doberman. The shepard is sweet, and great with the kids, but she sheads soo much she has to stay out side most of the time. We also have a jack russell.
by the way, your dogs are very cute.

petjunkie

They are thiefs, just not good ones. The white one Precious has four toys that have to be stashed in her spot and the other one Hobo only tries to steal things that are huge. During Christmas she tries to take the roll of wrapping paper and drag it under the table, then gets mad when it doesn't fit. She did steal an MP3 player once though.

bill109

Originally Posted by petjunkie
They are thiefs, just not good ones. The white one Precious has four toys that have to be stashed in her spot and the other one Hobo only tries to steal things that are huge. During Christmas she tries to take the roll of wrapping paper and drag it under the table, then gets mad when it doesn't fit. She did steal an MP3 player once though.
hhahhhahaah thts so funny hey can you do us a favor and take some pics of them taking the wrapping paper and taking stuff.. ahah i love it
hey when r you dressing them up? :hilarious

mimzy

We took xmas pix too!! Here's Roland getting a belly-rub from Santa-Paws today at a benefit for the Tri-State BassetHound Rescue Organization. :jumping:

mimzy

hhm. I dunno what's going on, but every time I resize the pix so I can post them here, they get all blurry... this doesn't usually happen. Perhaps it's b/c they are scans of a photograph?
I'll try again though...

bill109

so whos the loser in the red suit? :thinking:
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious
jk

nigerbang

Awsome pics sugar....Magnum looks great...How did the march go? :jumping:
I'll will def. get a pic of Doom tonight so you can finally see him

lovethesea

Originally Posted by Mimzy
hhm. I dunno what's going on, but every time I resize the pix so I can post them here, they get all blurry... this doesn't usually happen. Perhaps it's b/c they are scans of a photograph?
I'll try again though...

OMG, I love that hound. He looks like he is lovin' life.

sugarfox03

Cute basset!! I would love to get my guys santa pics, but I think Mako would be afraid of him, Magnum would be too interested in playing/tasting his beard and Maui would only be interested in the treats the people would have to get their attention...would definately make for an interesting photo!!

nicetry - cute AB! Aren't they the best?

NigerBang - The march was awesome!! Lots of wonderful people showed up, even though the weather wasn't that great. And post those pics of Doom!

mimzy

Originally Posted by lovethesea
OMG, I love that hound. He looks like he is lovin' life.
Love, do you have a Basset?
and by the way....