Chromis are the Devil

Originally posted by Bang Guy
WOW, all of those are so beautiful! Anyone have any spawning events?

Two years ago I had great luck with them. The only problem was even the lfs would take them. One place did and they gave me one dollar ea for what I spent 45 to have success I made 18 it was fun but I don't reccomend it.

bang guy

Originally posted by crazyreefnut
it was fun but I don't reccomend it.

I understand. That's incredible that you were able to raise them. I could learn a lot from you I believe :)

tyr-sog

Originally posted by tony detroit
tyr-sog
What type of camera are you using?
I've been thinking of getting a high end camera soon.

Just a Canon A70. $299 Retail. It's pretty good although you might want to go with a Canon G5 or even a Digital SLR. The you're talking big bucks.

T

thomas712

I have two chromis in the tank over a year and they never bothered my purple firefish or false percs.
Thomas

dugan

Tyr-Sog, great pics... you have some healthy looking fish there!! I don't think I've seen many that big.
That said... my purple pseudochromis is the devil. He is meaner than any damsel I ever had... he even charges at my fingers when I put my hands in the tank. Nasty little bugger but I love him... :confused:
Katie

tyr-sog

Thanks all.
Yeah Dugan, I hear those pseudochromis are mean. Have any pictures?
I'll bore you guys with this last picture.:cheer:

kreach

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Nope.... one of yours is sure to have changed to Male by now. ;)

Well... then maybe the female is always claiming to have a headache. :D
:D

kreach

Originally posted by Velocity
What kind r they in the pics? blue chromis or green?

Green chromis :)

ozadars

Originally posted by kreach
If you are wanting schooling fish, you should know that cardinals only school as juveniles. Once they reach adulthood, they pair up into mated pairs and if there is more than one male in tank, they will fight.

thats true for bangaii cardinals.
apagon cardinals will school. They are not not active like chromis and usually stay together all day long

tony detroit

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog
Just a Canon A70. $299 Retail. It's pretty good although you might want to go with a Canon G5 or even a Digital SLR. The you're talking big bucks.

what's a G5 or SLR go for?
Do you think it's worth the money?

buzz

I have 3 green chromis...they occasionally chase each other, but never do any damage. They are known as peaceful fish. They go through some wild displays too - usually just the 3 large ones. They will act like they are kissing each other regularly (not sure what that means), mouth to mouth. Then they will go to the sand bed or a rock, change colors, and shake rapidly. But no actual spawning. The third smaller one doesn't really get in on the action. It schools with them, but otherwise keeps to itself...of course my blue tang schools with them too which is funny.
2 of mine are over 3" and one is about 1 1/2" to 2".

velocity

of course my blue tang schools with them too which is funny.
you should take a pic of that and say: Which fish doesnt belong?

dugan

Tyr-Sog, those are great pics... really nice looking fish!!
Yeah Dugan, I hear those pseudochromis are mean. Have any pictures?
No, the little punk sees me coming with a camera and hides. He is such a rotten little fish!!

Katie

tyr-sog

Originally posted by tony detroit
what's a G5 or SLR go for?
Do you think it's worth the money?

I'm not really sure. I think like $600 for a G5. Digital SLR range from like $1000 to like $10,000 I think.
I mean mine works fine. Good enough for me I guess. I do however have a 35mm SLR so if I do do any

[hr]
pic taking I have that.