Clean-up crew for a 120 dsb.

spyderreef

I'm going to the LFS and would like to add to the clean up crew. Right now I have about 20 astrea snails and a queen conch. What would you add? I also have a lawnmower blenny.

jonthefb

scarlet hermits, nassarius snails, cerith snails, maybe a rainfordi goby, definately more though!
good luck
jon

bang guy

Ahhh yes, Cerith Snails are another good one. I'm not fond of Hermits though. Scarlets stick to the rocks mostly so they're probably OK. Others will go around eating worms out of the sand.

jonthefb

but i think that if you are going to do hermits then the scarlets are probably the most reef safe....i got to the point where i pulled out every single one of my hermits and replaced them only with the scarlets, and boy have i had a lot less problems...!
good luck
jon

spyderreef

Thanks again for the help. I don't have much as far as a clean-up crew in my 125 and I don't trust the advise of my LFS store yet.

wrassecal

I have a mixture of mexican turbos, nassarius, cerith, stomatella, astera, 2 queen conchs ( can't get fighting around here), a sally lightfoot, an emerald crab and worms. I don't have any hermit crabs...yes I do, I have one scarlet leg that was my very first hitchhiker about 15 months ago and I can bear to part with it.