Cleaner shrimp help asap

sandman12

Ok, 2 days ago i came home and one of my cleaner shrimps antennas where clipped real short and he was real stiff and didnt move as much as normal. It got worse, not he is strugling to walk and his legs r real shaky. He like gimps across the sand and lays down. This mourning i wake up and my other cleaner shrimp is the same way!! Whats going on.

bang guy

How old are they?
Is their flesh changing from transparent to milky white?
Have you overdosed on Iodine?
Any possible way any of the following found their way into the water:
Copper
Insecticide
Zinc
Tin

sandman12

All other inverts r fine. I dont dose iodine, no flesh change. The one isnt as bad as the other but still his anteenas got clipped.

sandman12

Nope they r mates and the one has eggs. I do have a pistol shrimp in my tank but it doesnt have one BIG claw like noraml pistol shrimp, it just has 2 small ones. Iam thinking maybe he has been fighting them? I have NO idea how i could get the pistol shrimp out. Taking the tank apart is out of the question.

B

big911dog

i'm not an expert, but "clipped real short" sure sounds like a predator of some nature. no fish that might nip at shrimp?

sandman12

I did recently add a six line but i dont think he would do that. I think its that pistol shrimp if its a predator.

diddley

i've heard/read that sixline wrasses will on occasion harass or even kill ornamental shrimp. are they small cleaners?