cleanup crew?????????

fishonlyman

Hi, everyone. I have a question. I want a small cleanup crew because I can't afford enough live rock. All the fish I want in the tank are fine with invertebrates, except for the yellow wrasse. Can I have some suggestio for a small cleanup crew? Please do not include any echinoderms( sea urchins, brittle stars, sea stars, sea cucumber) as they are big waste producers. One invert I want is the fighting conch. Is it okay to have a fighting conch in the aquarium? Even though there is one predatory fish?
to me!

rlablan

What kind of substrate do you have? IME Conches need a finer substrate like sand, not something like crushed coral. Also, how big is your tank??

rlablan

I am not familiar with the yellow wrasse. I have kept predatory fish with CUC before, even shrimps...
I would say since you have fine sand, try a conch (the one that stays small) and some of those snails that burry and clean the sand. Nassarius I believe they are. Hopefully they will be able to hide from the wrasse if he is mean??

srfisher17

I really don't understand what a CUC has to do with not having enough LR. A CUC crew may help control ammonia and nitrate a tiny, tiny bit--but not much. Good flow and a good outside filter are really a must (IMO) if you don't have a lot of LR.