cloudy water cause?

jimbo63

Hi everyone, I did a 40% water change on Saturday. The water in my tank got cloudy on Sunday today it is still a littie bit cloudy. I did have an outbreak of diatoms, But they are receading now. My tank has been cycling for 5 weeks. I did a water test this evening and here are the results. PH-8.4 Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-10. What can I get at my LFS to take care of this problem?

jimbo63

Yes I am running carbon filters on a Penguin power filter 200. I have a 33g tank. Water has been clear until last water change.

meowzer

Maybe you stirred things up...I see you are still cycling...so you have nothing in the tank yet??
Make sure your carbon is clean, and you can do some small water changes....like 10%

pbnj

Not saying this is definitely your problem, but it's possible the cause is one (or more) of your fish. I have two Clarkii clowns that like to get down and dirty in the sandbed sometimes.

meowzer

Originally Posted by pbnj
http:///forum/post/3011935
Not saying this is definitely your problem, but it's possible the cause is one (or more) of your fish. I have two Clarkii clowns that like to get down and dirty in the sandbed sometimes.
I was under the impression he did not have any fish yet
LOL...disregarded

flpriest

You might have stirred up your LSB a little when you did your water change.
this is my best guess. if that is the case it shouldn't take long to settle down.
You beat me to the punch Meowzer... :)