clown fish

asjbbd

Can I mix clown fish? My daughter wants a "nemo" and I like the Clarkii's as well. I am just beginning. Thanks for any help.
I had a "nemo" and for some reason he got this white patchy fungus on him. My other yellow tang and scooter blenny were fine but Nemo died before I could even medicate...any ideas? Thanks, jen

bang guy

Brooklynella is fairly common with Clownfish for some reason.
I would suggest not placing more than one species of Clownfish in the same tank. It rarely works out.

*bta*

and heres one of those storiess where it does work out, my dad for my birthday bought me 2 clowns, i had had a clarkii he gave me a tomato and a perc:nervous: so i was like ehh.. but what i did was i re did the rock work and then added the fish after acclimating i had them for 6months and lived fine, what happened after that... 1 got ick and died i still have my perc and tomato, i do not recomend it either i got lucky

bang guy

Originally posted by 14YrOldKid
i had 2 juvenile perc,a full grown perc and a clarkii in a 20gal
and the did fine :notsure: :notsure:

How are they now and how long have they been in the tank together?
IMO you can expect some dead fish in the future.

T

tizzo

I hesitantly have to agree with Bang on this one. I got them both as babies, and I thought they broke the mold cause they got along so well. Now, about 8 months or so later, the Ocellaris is constantly getting picked on and he doesn't have the good sence to find another spot in the aquarium. He can still fit in the small crevices to hide, but if it gets worse... somebody's got to go.

Sorry it's blurry but it's all I had.