clown trigger

ophiura

Originally Posted by triggerluv
thats the thing you are closed minded when it comes to minimum tank sizes try new things and see what happens 2 results it works it doesnt work then you upgrade
Well its a different philosophy. IMO, it is very important to learn what other people have already tried in this hobby. In this case, what suffers if you are wrong? If you are the type to say "my pocketbook" suffers, well I guess it is your choice but IMO an unfortunate one. Its the animals that suffer from this sort of unecessary experimentation. I would hope you would reconsider. There are fish suitable for that tank size...this is just not one of them. :(

connor

THATS STUPID WHY WOULD YOU GET AN ANIMAL THAT GETS MORE THAN A FOOT LONG AND PUT IT IN A TINY TINY TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT
:mad: :mad:

nmocean

Triggerluv- How will you know if it "doesn't work"? Arn't you concerned that by the time you realize it didn't work, the fish will be dead.
-Jen

bronco300

i am just curious why you think you need a clown trigger in a 24g when you already have 5-6 clown triggers in a 1,200 gallon tank breeding, what will you do with them in the 24?

triggerluv

by the way it is one and not them second i am always interested in finding new concepts and by the way triggers in captivity rarely if ever get larger than 10 inches trust me i know thank you and have a nice day sorry to pick on you connor but you are still in middle school and concentrate on your school instead of stating false information but i do realize you are fairly new to the hobby so you have a lot of learning to do

ophiura

triggers in captivity rarely if ever get larger than 10 inches trust me i know
How many places have you worked? Any public aquaria?

triggerluv

one place pretty much all my life and that would be seaworld and i do a lot of work at the florida aquarium as one of my best friend now runs that place my best friend happend to be a co-worker with me at seaworld

ophiura

Cool. What position do you hold at Seaworld? LSS or aquarist?
Overall your experience with triggers seems to differ from mine.

J

jcrim

one place pretty much all my life and that would be seaworld and i do a lot of work at the florida aquarium as one of my best friend now runs that place my best friend happend to be a co-worker with me at seaworld
If this is true than how can you be so ignorant as to the minimum requirements of fish keeping? Keep in mind that when your lfs keeps a clown trigger in a 12 gallon tank, it is a temporary home with the intent on being sold in the near future.
And BTW, saltwater fish size is NOT limited by the aquarium size. Someone with your knowledge and experience should have learned this on your first day on the job.

triggerluv

ok lets get one thing straight things can happen once again who would have ever thought of keeping a 1 gallon reef tank and i ask you the question who would of ever thought of keeping a clown trigger in a 24 gallon aquarium well my lfs did it in a 12 gallon and iam gonna do it in a 24 because i think i will have better success as for my job just to let you know iam high up in the business i also over see discovery cove which my best friend opened but now is at florida aquarium in tampa

ophiura

I was in "the business" in terms of public aquaria too so I am just wondering who you are. Its a small world ya know and I wouldn't mind getting back into it.
And finding someone beats wandering those AZA employment opportunities all the time. I've got a contact list from Discovery Cove/Seaworld. Are you the curator of animals or GM or?? Do you have any "pull" in LSS?

jmick

There is no way this person is legit, especially if he gets fish advice from his LFS. Also, he wouldn’t be here asking advice he’d probably be chummy with Fenner and the guys at his site and would be getting info there. Come on, who you crapin

triggerluv

well you can believe what you want buddy old boy because i know the truth and thats all that matters and if you have a problem with me going to a lfs then shame on you by the way we dont know everything just the majority of things once again another closed minded freak who thinks i just hang out with the big boys i am feelin my prozac wearin off

connor

by the way it is one and not them second i am always interested in finding new concepts and by the way triggers in captivity rarely if ever get larger than 10 inches trust me i know thank you and have a nice day sorry to pick on you connor but you are still in middle school and concentrate on your school instead of stating false information but i do realize you are fairly new to the hobby so you have a lot of learning to do
no its not false information!!! they get way to big for a 24 gallon tank! i got stright A's so no i wont conceatrate more on school

connor

see thats funny in the other thread(dave_15 300 gallon stocking) you said you had a 1200 gallon tank with 6 clown triggers that you were trying to breed!

aw2

by the way triggers in captivity rarely if ever get larger than 10 inches trust me i know thank you and have a nice day

I'm gonna have to certainly agree ophiura...I'd like to know your name, as I'm having an EXTREMELY hard time believing you work for any public aquarium, let alone head up even the smallest dept.
The 90,000gal. Caribbean Reef exhibit, at Shedd Aquarium, Chicago...which I've personally dived in...has a Clown that's easily 10". And, if you want names of Shedd employees who can verify that info, I can give you names of the Director of Fish Collections (George), the head of Audio/Visual (James) and the head of the Quarentine Dept. (Dawn)...all 3 of which I'm good friends with.
There's no way, even on my best of days, will I ever believe you head up any dept. at anything more than the local *****. Sorry.

ophiura

you can say i pretty much run the show after thom left of course do you happen to know thom

Stork? Not personally. Great at marketing. Are you now in marketing of Discovery Cove?

shooter

Dude I Have To Tell You ---- I Just Bought A Clown Trigger For My 45 Gal. Tank.....the Owner At The Fish Store Told Me Right Off

[hr]
when He Outgrows Your Tank Or Becomes Aggressive, Bring Him Back For Credit Or Exchange....in Only A Month He Has Grown Over An Inch....he Is Still Mellow With The Other Fish But In Another Month I Am Bringing Him Back....i Heard From Alot Of People They Can Be Very Aggressive---let Alone Grow Very Large...i Think You Are Going To See The Same Thing Happening And Do The Same Thing I Am Doing......good Luck.......