Clownfish Eggs - Bad News

bang guy

Only one of the eggs hatched. :(
The suction cup on the water flow tubing let go & all of the eggs died. :mad: Lesson well learned.
I'm kinda depressed about it 'cause I was really looking forward to documenting it all for you. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.
I have to use the Rotifers up anyway so I'll continue to take care of the single larvae.
Sorry gang.

S

slofish

Sorry bout the loss. I was also looking forward to seeing all the lil guys running around.
no offense, but i think we found nemo.

Sorry about the loss.. Man, wont it be freaky if the lone clown has a small (lucky) fin? (Just trying to brighten your day):(

goldmar00n

yea thats not fun..
but look at the upside of things...the next time she lays eggs, you now have more experience..and im sure the next batch will turn out good...
good luck!:D :(

coloradodeb

Well......look on the bright side!! I am now a grandparent?????? I am so sorry.......I was hoping for a lot of these little darlings........

lovethesea

:( aww, bummer. You said mama was getting plump again?
Maybe she will give you a few days until the next batch.
That little baby should be fat and happy with all the food to itself. :)
Keep us posted, thanks again!!

scotts

Oh NO!!!! I was really looking forward to read how you were going to raise them.
However you do have to admit that you have to call the one fry Nemo. I just hope that he makes it.
Do you have any pictures of the little guy? We are all interested in him.
Scott

nicky1.8t

wow thats sucks bang well lesson learned but i guess its only matter of time before there in the mood again

T

therock0861

I leave for one day and I come back to this? Man this is terrible..... there is only one thing left to do. "Send in the Marines". Seriously sorry about the loss Bang hopefully they will be back at it in no time. Good luck!!!!

I

iluvfish

Oh NOooooo! That must have been awful for you to watch! Good luck with the one and please keep the px and info coming about him!