Clownfish eggs

misty7850

well I've been busy so haven't had a chance to update. Most of the larvae have died within the last two days. still have about 5 left.
Them clowns done spawned again.. I say, worse than rabbits they are. Here is my male, tending the eggs.

reefiness

Originally Posted by fishieness
why wont my clowns lay eggs?!!!

maybe ill try removing my CBS. ive actualy been thinking it is holding them back. ive seen my male skittering against their flowerpot...but no eggs yet....

lol... how long have u had urs?

misty7850

I had a CBS also and mine didn't seem to spawn while I had him. I traded him and thats when mine started spawning. Coincidence ? Maybe CBS was eating the eggs ??

fishieness

Originally Posted by mrdc
Once a clown lays eggs will you normally see one of the clowns always by the eggs?
yeah. usualy the male will fan them to provide them with oxygen while the large female will keep lookout and beat the snot out of anything that comes close.
ill try transfering my CBS tomorrow to my 29. i doubt it is eating the eggs. jsut maybe the clowns dont see the point if he is always hanging around near them in case he does.

fishieness

there, my CBS is now in my 29. we will see if this helps. i was actualy wanting to do that so i could get a sexy shrimp

anyways, any updates on the fry misty?

misty7850

Down to three lonely little fry... still feeding rotifers, will start newly hatched brine shrimp in the next couple days. I have two sexy shrimp, they are sooooo... cute.
Keep us posted on what is happening since you removed the CBS to another tank.