Clownfish Owners!!!

manjisann

I have a 20 gal. tank, and am trying to decide which clownfish would be best. I want to put in a Yellow clown goby and probably another small goby like a neon. I am not going to be putting in an anemone, but will most likely be putting in frog spawn or hammer coral, I've heard of some clowns hosting in these. The choices are:
Black and White Perc.
True Perc. Clown
Ocellaris Clown
I've chosen these options and they seem to only get about 3" big (give or take an inch.) I would like opinions or experiences with aggressiveness, activeness and overall coolness:happy: , as well as how hardy they are. All responses are appreciated.

O

osufarker

Ocellaris get larger than true percs. True percs would be better for a 20 gallon.

viper_930

I'd just recommend a pair of true percs, or one true perc and one goby. 3 fish would be too much IMO.

bang guy

All of those Clowns are compatible with a 20 but no more than two and of the same specie (B&W are the same specie as Ocellaris).
If you went with A. Percula the two small gobies would be fine.

aqua39

black and white percs are not the same as occellaris. they are a totally different species. they are a sub species of the true percula. I personally think that the b&w look the coolest, and they come tank bred in some places (like saltwaterfish.com).

manjisann

Thanks for all of your replies, keep em coming.:jumping:
Bang Guy, I saw on another post that you breed clownfish, is this true. If so, would you be willing to sell me one and how much for s&h, my zip code is 84102.

bang guy

Currently the 5 stores I sell Ocellaris Clownfish and Banggai Cardinalfish to are buying all that I can produce. Perhaps if I get another couple of Clownfish breeding I'll start shipping. Until then it just doesn't pay for me to ship fish. I just acquired a breeding pair of Gold-Stripe Maroon Clownfish.
Thank you anyway :)

tsl

Bang, please post any information you have concerning breeding the maroons. I am interested in acquiring a pair as well, but I haven't seen anyone post success stories abou breeding them.

bang guy

They need to be the dominant fish in the tank and be fed more than is reasonable for most other fish.
I feed a blended mixture of seafood containing mostly scallops.