Co2 Scrubber not working help!!!!!

J

jstdv8

So the problem here is that his house is sealed up so tight during the winter that he has too much CO2 in the air and not enough O2 because its getting used by the humans?
I thought 7.8 wasnt the end of the world?
I don't know anything about CO2 scrubbers, but can't you just use a regualr air pump like what they use on freshwater tanks, run that little vinyl hose out the wall or into the attic (if its a cold roof style with venting at the gables on the ridge of the roof and the soffit eave overhangs)
then just turn it on and let it buck?

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help/20#post_3342052
So your saying there are no windows in the room the tank is located?
Yes, there is no windows. Now what about this plants? i could put maybe two somewhat beachy looking plants by my aquarium on each side. and plants will take in co2 and put off o2 it will not just help the tank but the whole house can benefit from it just need to know how much will two plants take in. do i have to fill the whole house with plants or can i do just two???? then the next thing is lighting for the plants would there be enough lighting from the tank??? How much lighting would you have to have to keep a plant alive maybe i am on to something! i do not have to buy media!! i do not have to have a hose ran throught my house i do not have to put a hose throught my wall i do not have to buy a O2 tank and pump in O2 in to the fuge just not thought hope that some more can help there is no one wrong just need every bodys help in hopes of fixing this problem

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help/20#post_3342019
So the problem here is that his house is sealed up so tight during the winter that he has too much CO2 in the air and not enough O2 because its getting used by the humans?
I thought 7.8 wasnt the end of the world?
I don't know anything about CO2 scrubbers, but can't you just use a regualr air pump like what they use on freshwater tanks, run that little vinyl hose out the wall or into the attic (if its a cold roof style with venting at the gables on the ridge of the roof and the soffit eave overhangs)
then just turn it on and let it buck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posiden http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3342010
What does anybody think about taking shop O2 and bubbling it slowly into the tank. I'm talking about Oxygen for an Oxy Acetylene torch. I use this O2 in my beer making.
EDIT;

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ILL DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT IN MISS USE OF OXYGEN. HANDLE WITH CARE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I love this but what would the side effect be if i did use this O2 ?? Now if i did this O2 could i get a co2 tank like for pant ball just saying and fill it with O2 rather then the Co2?? But i think that it would use a lot of O2 right ?

pirates

Hay, i went and got a plant at lowes its a Peace Lily right on the tag it said Air Purifier Low Light it said on the back Generate Oxygen, purifies the air of impurities, Create healthier living environment, Add humidity to room air during dry conditions well it has been in the house for about two hours now and my ph is 8.2 YEA!!!!

J

jstdv8

I was going to suggest that. except i was also thinking yuo would probably need a forest of trees in your living room to make a difference

posiden

Glad you got it figured out.
The reason I was being cautious with the O2 idea is, O2 is very flammable. If it were to be released to fast from the cylinder, it will generate heat. All it needs then, is a fuel source. That can be as simple as, Teflon tape on the threads, dish soap that was used to check for leaks, oily hands, ect. Regulators and gas leak detect-ants are completely oil free. That's why the gauges say on them, "use no oil".

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posiden http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help/20#post_3342523
Glad you got it figured out.
The reason I was being cautious with the O2 idea is, O2 is very flammable. If it were to be released to fast from the cylinder, it will generate heat. All it needs then, is a fuel source. That can be as simple as, Teflon tape on the threads, dish soap that was used to check for leaks, oily hands, ect. Regulators and gas leak detect-ants are completely oil free. That's why the gauges say on them, "use no oil".
Yes my dad used to build cars up and i seen what happen to O2 tanks LoL like take one and a rifle i will not say no more LoL