Collin's 14 Gallon Bio Cube Chronicle

lili13

There's pics up further...lol
I think I'll go tomorrow, we want to trade in our damsels, but not sure for what yet, and it will depend on what they have as well....better call ahead of time and research...lol...THEN switch food. thanks everyone!

silverdak

Wow haven't been on here in a while!!! here are some updates...

YUP it was really that bad! the fish loved it tho and I didnt have a ton of time while dealing with school, so I still did my water changes just didnt look into the problem too much, well 3 days ago my problems were solved!

The corals were removed and put in my friends sump till the tank is ready again. Fish stayed in through out the entire change and seem 100% fine and swimming all around and happy as can be! everything went great and I LOVE the new rock work in it. lights are going to stay off for about a month of so just to make sure all the little strands of hair algae are gone!

coastie5685

lmao dude that tank is awesome i thikn that is the worst green hari algae i have ever seen... damn... good luck this time around.

socalnano24

the new rock work and sand looks much better. Are you going to leave it stacked like that?
I really like the dark sand btw.

silverdak

ya the rocks are probably staying how they are, it really isn't as narrow as the pictures make it look... it does fill the tank nicely I also like the little piece in the far back sticking out of the tank a little bit. my buddy that did the rock work always has just a tiny piece sticking out the tank... kinda like a trademark. I LOVE the rocks work just because it gives me basically any level to place corals on I need

socalnano24

yah. the piece sticking out does like sick. I have a couple of vertical elements in my rock that stick up; I'm working on covering the one in the middle of my tank with zoo frags; as a cool center piece.
What kind of corals are you gong to get?

silverdak

No idea what corals I am going to get, still have another few weeks before it will be ready tho so I'm not too worried. If I had to guess I would go for slightly larger corals to start that fill that tank a bit more than the 5-10 poly frags and stuff lol. while they are cheaper, I want a few nice pieces. Maybe that frogspawn I have always wanted! haha
tank is doing pretty good, little guys just got fed last night, should have the mj900 going in sometime this week. Going for the first WC of this tank, just to get rid of some of the silt in the sand, so we will see how it goes!

silverdak

ya well it didn't stand much of a chance when we pulled it out of the tank and scrubbed the crap out of it! haha

pleasants9

how are you liking your tank?! Im looking to buy the exact same model, it has a small blue lobster in it, should i go for it?