Colorfull anemones

reef diver

Originally Posted by BellaNavis
Wow, very nice, can they be that close? I thought they would fight?
No they wont, they are the same species, just diff. color morphs. Like a RBTA and a BTA.

newbieabc

Does anyone know the name of the anemone that viper showd a picture of. I think it was like the 3rd pictures shown.

alison

Hi Newbieabc- That's a RBA or Rose bubble tip anemone. Very popular. I have a green one in my tank. True perks just LOVE that variety. My favorite anemone.
-Alison

alison

Ya not a problem-
The good thing is they divide quite redily so you should be able to find one through someone local. I don't know if anyone else has this issue but mine will not take to the sandbed. It will only attach to a rock, but then they stay there and don't seem to stray from the location which is good. I personally find them as one of the easier varietys my self.
-Ali

ci11337

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
This is the Rose Bubble-Tip from the Seneca Park Zoo Reef Tank (That I help maintain). For Reference, to Sohol is over 14" long.
ps - Check out the Birdsnest...
I go to that zoo all the time and i've always wondered what kind of anemone that was, I always assumed it was a LTA 'cuz it's never "bubbled"

poniegirl

I thought he snacked a favorite fish (only to find it 6 months later);worried about my seahorses. When I gave him away (yep, free) he was about a third again as big as he was in this photo. He was a beauty.

reef diver

Originally Posted by alison
Ya not a problem-
The good thing is they divide quite redily so you should be able to find one through someone local. I don't know if anyone else has this issue but mine will not take to the sandbed. It will only attach to a rock, but then they stay there and don't seem to stray from the location which is good. I personally find them as one of the easier varietys my self.
-Ali
YEp, they hate sand bed, they like crevices in the rock, Mine, is still regrowing its tentacles