Colt Coral

subaru07

My buddy has a colt coral he wants me to frag for him its geting to big for is 14g nano. How do i go about doing this can i just cut some of the arms and super glue??

nissan577

no. cut a small arm off and place the arm in a rubbermaid filled with LR rubble. place it in the tank were you have low flow and within a week the colf frag should get attached.
if you glue it the colt wont stick. it will fall fast

renogaw

yea, colts slime up really good, and if you use a rubberband it will slice right through it.
another way is to put it in a tupperware full of CC, then glue the CC to a rock after the colt has attached

nissan577

yea ofcourse. get a bucket. fill it up with saltwater. place the colt there and take it out, cut the arms place it back. put the arms in the rubbermaid put a mesh if you want. optional. then put the colt in the same spot it was before and the rubbermaid in a low flow area. and within a week the frags should be attached to the rubble

Question??? Now I have a huge colt coral that I need to frag. If i cut off an arm and stuck a toothpick thought the bottom, could I just rubberband the toothpick to a piece of rubble untill the foot of the frag attaches instead of doing the whole rubbermaid thing? Any help will be great. I have about 20 arms to cut off of my huge colt to frag. Hopefully my lfs will buy them.

arizonakid

Hi, may I offer an alternative method. It has been my experience that unless you have some very hefty arms you are working with, the toothpick/rubberband method is many times not successful. The tension of the rubber band is more than the coral can stand. Try tying the arm with the toothpick in it to a piece of rubble using braided saltwater fishing line. Unlike a rubber band you can apply just enough tension to hold the frag to the rock without pulling the toothpick down through the fragged arm and the braided line will not rot before the frag is attached like sewing thread will. Should be attached in about a week. Have fun and good luck.

efrank

I think you are over thinking this. cut pieces off put them near empty shells or rubble and they will attach within a day or two. Or stick the piece you cut off into a whole in a piece of LR and it will latch on.