Continent or country?

celacanthr

Ok, don't ask me why I am making a thread about this, but I must here popular opinion about this
Is europe a continent or country?

J

jcrim

Sorry but this is not a matter of opinion... Europe is a continent.

J

jdragunas

my hubby thought the "middle east" was in africa... never let him live that one down!!!

celacanthr

I am saying, that out of the two people who were arguing about this, I was the one who said continent. The argument wasn't in this thread, it was somewhere else.

bang guy

Please define continent.
Then, look at Europe and explain why Europe isn't part of the Asian Continent according to your definition.
Bang.

cowfishrule

im going to say europe should be a country.
there is no divider to split europe and asia.
thus, in byfacto, it should be a country. well, not a country so to say, but it should be "western asia"
actually, i think at one point, it was being called eurasia or something of the sort

J

jdragunas

it is a different continent because it sits on a different tectonic plate...

bang guy

Originally Posted by jdragunas
it is a different continent because it sits on a different tectonic plate...
That works. Is India a continent? Is California a continent? Chili?

celacanthr

yeah, but so does india, and california, on another, and korea, is on the N american plate.
Oh wow, people it was a stupid thread, I wasn't expecting any real convorsation going on about it.

J

jdragunas

maybe it should be a country, but it IS a continent, and that was the question...

darth tang

It can not be a country because then what would France, England, Germany, and spain be?
It is neither. It is a Federation of Collective Countries that Support the Furthering of the EURO. With side practices in hating Americans.