Coolguy's 29g Reef with ALOT of PICS!!

coolguy818

Here is my 29g, if anyone has been following, I had many changes recently.
Lost all of my overstocked fish..... 8 fish in total, ranging from Tangs to Angels, to Clown to Goby's. It Looked beautiful. But then after reading all the posts and getting flamed on the great board. I have matured.
Next the Camel Shrimp Crisis. We're eating my corals. Had to disassemble the tank to get them out.
All in all I have re-aquascaped 4 times. And now I have my Nitrates in full control. The Corals look bigger and happier than ever. See for yourself.
All comments are welcome.......

sprang

Quite sweet! to say the least! I like the way you have stacked the reef up and the color variations in the various coral. The ricordia and purp. shrooms are to die for I.M.O!!

sprang

Ya! me too. I've always wanted to know why they are so expensive. I can't find them for less than 15 bucks a head. I guess they grow at a slow rate? Your blue rics. are super awesome. B.t.w any probs. with your sun coral? I was going to get one until I saw those rics. darn you! L.O.L

teen

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
a yellow tang and a blue tang in a 29 g....?
tank looks good.
he said he was already past that, why even bring it up?
tnak looks good. only thing im concerned with is does that clam actually open up nicely, or did you just happen to snap the photo when he snapped close?
also, that goniopora (think thats waht it is) also looks closed. does that fully open also?

coolguy818

Originally Posted by teen
he said he was already past that, why even bring it up?
tnak looks good. only thing im concerned with is does that clam actually open up nicely, or did you just happen to snap the photo when he snapped close?
also, that goniopora (think thats waht it is) also looks closed. does that fully open also?
That actually is a concern of mine also... the clam only opens that far.
And for the Goniopora. Its fine the cleaner shrimp just walked over it.

coolguy818

Originally Posted by sprang
Ya! me too. I've always wanted to know why they are so expensive. I can't find them for less than 15 bucks a head. I guess they grow at a slow rate? Your blue rics. are super awesome. B.t.w any probs. with your sun coral? I was going to get one until I saw those rics. darn you! L.O.L

I actually have no problems with the sun coral. I feed the tank every 2 days, with a mixture of Cyclopeeze and Coral food. I turn off the filter of course. And all the corals eat.