Coolguy's 29g Reef with ALOT of PICS!!

aquaguy24

wow someone else from southern cali..don't see to many here...anyways nice tank...good thing u learn from ur mistakes...tank is awesome now..keep doing wat ur doing..

ovenmitt

Nice!! I just got some orange rics like those they are my favorites so far. I like that sun coral too. I really need to get back to buying more live rock and get some hard corals, wish everything was not so expensive.

rabbit_72

Your tank is beautiful. My 29 gallon looked similiar, back before it crashed and burned. (That's a whole nuther thread!).
We are impuse buyers too. Thought about getting a little tang back in the day and would have added it to the larger tank as it grew. Oh well, can't do that now as my 29 gal is a fish-killer!

coolguy818

That was the exact same words I used "I'm buying a bigger tank anyway"

But after trying to keep this tank happy and alive. I think I need more practice.

rabbit_72

yeah... we started with the 29 gal tank to learn reef keeping. So far, all we learned was how to successfully kill everything in the tank. But it is trial and error. When we started our 55 gallon tank, we knew nothing and as aresult, things were shaky. But we still have our original clownfish, "Nemo" (original, right?)and found out he is a she and she and her friend just spawned again a few days ago. Now we have to learn to get the little buggers to hatch. Everything takes time, I guess. I am just soooo impatient!!!

rabbit_72

Don't feel too bad...my 29 gal tank basically killed everything!
It's only my hubby's tank that supports life. I think we are going to get rid of the current 29 gal and just buy new. We don't trust it.

coolguy818

Here are some updates with pictures:
Added a Yellow Fiji Toadstool. And a yellow polyp rock...... And a water change.
Here are some more pics enjoy. And comments and critisizm are accepted.

wangotango

awsome fox coral
. i have one but it just had a little meeting with my acan... we'll see what happens. nice tank

-Justin

coolguy818

Well I haven't posted some pics in a while.....
I have some new additions...... Some Rare and some pretty.....
I used different lighting options on the camera........
Tell me what you think..........