Copper in ro/di water??

azguy

Is it possible to still have copper in top-off water even if I am running a ro/di unit? I have lost ALL of my inverts, fish seem fine. All other parameters are normal. (do not own a copper test). This was an established tank, and has been set back up in a different city with very hard water conditions.

ssweet1

Is the water clear? Maybe the sand bed released some phosphate? Copper pipes to your house maybe? RODI should take everything out though. How old are the filters in the DI? What about cleaners, windex can wipe out tanks, so can carpet cleaners, paint fumes, termite pest controls are the worse possible thing, etc. It may have been treated right before you moved in, Just a thought...sorry for your loss it is very frustrating! Carrie

azguy

It's funny you mention the sand bed....I noticed it has been full of bubbles recently..they are slowly rising to the top. I wonder is this could have anything to do with it..I will go check phosfates again right now...

bang guy

.5 is high but it's just going to grow algae, not kill.
What's the TDS of the water coming out of your RO/DI? If it's above 5 then something needs to be replaced.

bang guy

Total Dissolved Solids. A TDS or Conductivity meter will give you an idea of how well your filter is working.