coral dieing

matt48

i am loosing and dont know why its started with my torch and then moved to brain also my sea anenome is not so rosey any suggestions.

bang guy

Can you list all your details about your system?

How long you've had corals
lighting
water flow
water parameters
what are you feeding the corals, how often, how much

matt48

Can you list all your details about your system?

How long you've had corals
lighting
water flow
water parameters
what are you feeding the corals, how often, how much
I have a 75 gallon tank with 20 gallon sump about 90 pounds of Rock kessel lighting and two powerheads for water flow I've been using photo fast every other day and fuel every other day I just bought a fusion part one and two to start dosing my rose tip bubble is a grayish color but he still alive last test my calcium was 350 alkalinity was 5.0 + 14.0 magnesium was 1000 PPM I'm not sure how to dose I am starting to get good algae popping up here and there tank has been set up for 6 months

lmforbis

Your mag and calcium are too low. Your all is to high. Not good for corals. I use bulk reef supply two part. They sell a starter kit for around $50. It will last quite a while. They gave a video on their web site that gives a good demo on how it works and how to dose.
Which kessils are you using and how many.

matt48

2 kessil a150 ocean blue my gravity is 1.022 I just bought reef fusion 1 and 2 and I also have the 2 part from bulk reef supply just not sure how to use it. also have redsea reef foundation pro test kit KH,Ca,Mg. would like to start doseing tonight getting ready to test water again as those numbers from earlyer were from yesterday at about ths time thank you so much for your help

matt48

I am home the rest of the day so will be on here most of night or you can tex if want to Im new to hobby but getting addicted quick lol mywife is getting in to it to but not as much as me lol I think its the money i spend on it....

lmforbis

2 Kessil 150s are not going to be enough light for an anemone or SPS. LPS and softies will do fine. You'd need 2 more minimum. I run A360we and still need to supplement with T5s until I can get at least one more to keep anemones and SPS.

You want your SG to be closer to 1.026. Not important for fish but speaks don't like low salinity.

As far as additives. I don't like reef fusion because it is dosed based on a certain amount per week. I like the two part (it is really 3 parts). You have a known concentration of the 3 additives in 3 bottles. First thing you need to bring your salinity up then test the parameters. The salinity will affect them.
Using your new Ca2+, Mg2+, and Alk You first need to bring up magnesium. That is important. I target 1350. Once that is correct I like to increase calcium and Alk together a little every day until you are on target. I noticed I was wrong about your Alk and it is high not low. Just bring calcium up to 420-450 and leave Alk alone. Alk should be 8-9. Another nice thing about two part is there are online calculators where you put in volume, your current level and target level and they tell you how much to add.

lmforbis

Still not powerful enough.

Bringing the others into normal levels may normalize Alk. Time will tell.

lmforbis

I have 160s on one of my tanks and I have zoas, palys, hammers, frog spawn and acans that do very well. Can't keep anemones or SPS though.