coral feedings and products?

roggy23

what do you guys feed your corals and anemones?
what do you guys use for nutrition for example
micro-vert, phytoplex, etc etc.....
what products help corals and anemones thrive?

mr. tuna

Coral and anenomes need strong lighting. (most do).
You need.. calcium, iodine, stronium, coral vite, kent marine phytoplex, very good water quality..ect.

italia

i dose microvert every other day and phyto-plankton on the alternate days mainly because doing this saves me money because the phyto lasts longer this way and i have this thing in my head that gives me the impulse to dose every day i drip kalkwasser 24/7/365 and add esv bionic every day in the recommended amount to be used when dripping kalk
and a hare of magnesium from time to time when it gets low (i test for magnesium) and then sometimes i dose boron when that is low( i test for this as well)

dana&pj

I am a big fan of spot feeding.
I soak tiny bits of scallops in Zoe and assorted phytos and then use surgical tweezers to tear it into really tiny bits (like the size of sand) and feed that to my corals. I have seen huge growth in my LPS since I started doing this once a week or so - particularly my hammer torch and frogspawn. I have also gotten positive result doing this with my yellow polyps and zoos.
my anomones and long tenticle plate coral can take slightly larger pieces like the size of a misis shrimp.

roggy23

is it a bad idea to have a sebae anemone's tentacles touching another coral like for example a brain coral?

bang guy

My corals are fed from the critter larvae generated by my sand bed. I'm sure they snag Cyclop-eeze also.
My Anemone get whole Silversides, whole Bay Scallops and lots of Krill. Also large chunks of Squid when I can find it.

schneidts

Originally posted by Italia
i dose microvert every other day and phyto-plankton on the alternate days mainly because doing this saves me money because the phyto lasts longer this way and i have this thing in my head that gives me the impulse to dose every day

You don't run into any water quality issues dosing that much?

italia

not at all not even the slightest trace of nitrates
but i alos only have 2 fish in a 55g i am not a fan of a lot of fish and also over the years i have learned that less is more with fish in a small tank like the 55 that i am speaking of in the 250 i am trying to set up i will have a few more though
all i have in my 55 is a flame angel and a solarensis wrasse that i have had for years along with a ton of corals

clarkiiboi

Originally posted by roggy23
is it a bad idea to have a sebae anemone's tentacles touching another coral like for example a brain coral?

I wouldn't let my anenome touch any corals. I'm sure I'm not the only one.