Coral ID?

freeride7

I believe the brown it a monti of some sort...can anyone give me the ID of the 2 corals? I thought the green may be a acro of some sort?
When it comes to SPS I have a very hard time with the ID of the numerous selection out there...
Thanks

T

tizzo

The second one is a green scroll coral. Not the pagoda cup type, which is turbinaria peltata, but yours is a turbinaria reformis. Most are yellow and brown.
No clue on the fist one...

freeride7

I just bought the " turbinaria reformis - thanks Tizzo " a few days ago...I have it sitting on the lower level for now. I am assuming I have to get it exposed to more light gradually? I am running 3 x 250 10,000k in my 180 G.
Thanks again.

T

tizzo

I have a frag of the TR in the shade in my tank and that has got to be the slowest grower I've ever had!! May be the shade, may just be because it's slow...
Do not confuse it with the other turbinaria though, yours doesn't have, nor is it supposed to have those huge flowery polyps like on the pagoda cups.
They are same family, just one is an obvious LPS. Yours is not.

freeride7

Thanks, I appreciate the info Tizzo. I think I may gradually move it up towards the lighting to see what kind fo growth I can get out of it.