Coral Keepers 8 gall bio cube reef tank diary.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by Charred Salad
i like ur tank!
Thanks! Im going to be getting a frag pack from a local reefer soon.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Nice, put pics up once theyre in!

jtrzerocool

who are you getting the frags from? are you getting them at good prices?

N

nemo_66

i hate you!! just kidding, man, ur lucky that the maroon is hosting, i had a true perc. never hosted anything..... nice tank btw

coral keeper

Here are some before and after pics of the bio cube. The first pic is how it used to look a long time ago and pic 2, 3, and 4 is how it looks right now. My stock list is: 1 small Maroon Clownfish, 1 Cleaner shrimp, 1 Marble crab, 3 or 4 Margarita snails, Xenia, Metallic Green Torch, Torch, Toad stool, 1 small Green Pacific Anemone, 1 small Pacific Anemone, Chaeto Algae, 13 LB of Live Sand, 13 LB of live rock, and lots of diff hitch hikers.
*note: the anemone is not bleaching, i dont know why the pic is showing its all white, but its brownish not white.*

paintballer768

Your shrimp looks like godzilla
. Very nice tank Coral Keeper. Glad to see the algae is gone. I think a ricordea on the right hand side, on the wall near the sand, that would look really cool to have some rics hanging on it. But excellent none the less!

coral keeper

LOL. Thanks! Yup. Im going to go to the LFS today and ill see if they got any ricordeas or some kind of mushroom i can put there.

paintballer768

LOL. Thanks! Yup. Im going to go to the LFS today and ill see if they got any ricordeas or some kind of mushroom i can put there.
Good stuff

And in one of the pics you just posted, the FTS, looks like your xenia just fragged in the bottom of the cave. Youre a father

coral keeper

Originally Posted by paintballer768
Good stuff

And in one of the pics you just posted, the FTS, looks like your xenia just fragged in the bottom of the cave. Youre a father

Whats a LTS? Yeah, the xenia fell on the sand. LOL.

new2salt1

Hey, nice tank. I didnt have a lot of time to read your thread, so can you tell me if you dose the tank with iodine?
My 14gal has a large elegance, a zoa colony with like 30-40 polyps, a large finger coral (sinularia), and a itty bitty pulsing xenia. The xenia hasn't grown like the rest of the corals, so last week I started dosing iodine. Strangely, it "detached" from the "frag puck" it was on, and now it is on a piece of LR. Im thinking it is being blocked by the elegance and finger, and so oit isn't getting enough flow.
how much flow does yours get, and do you dose iodine?
Thanks!

coral keeper

Originally Posted by New2Salt1
Hey, nice tank. I didnt have a lot of time to read your thread, so can you tell me if you dose the tank with iodine?
My 14gal has a large elegance, a zoa colony with like 30-40 polyps, a large finger coral (sinularia), and a itty bitty pulsing xenia. The xenia hasn't grown like the rest of the corals, so last week I started dosing iodine. Strangely, it "detached" from the "frag puck" it was on, and now it is on a piece of LR. Im thinking it is being blocked by the elegance and finger, and so oit isn't getting enough flow.
how much flow does yours get, and do you dose iodine?
Thanks!
Thanks! I dont dose anything at all. I just do like 15-20% water changes every week. Im using the same stock pump the bio cube came from. But, today, im going to upgrade the stock pump to a 250-275 GHP pump.

paintballer768

Whats a LTS? Yeah, the xenia fell on the sand. LOL.
FTS = Front Tank Shot. Sorry, I shoulve said first picture, but when I was typing I couldnt remember if the first was the tank or the anemone shot.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by paintballer768
FTS = Front Tank Shot. Sorry, I shoulve said first picture, but when I was typing I couldnt remember if the first was the tank or the anemone shot.
Oh ok. Its ok.