Coral Supplaments

btldreef

I feed my LPS Mysis once a week (except my acans, they get fed every other day) and Rod's Coral Food once a week.
I don't like the bottled stuff.

tito3054

Some of my buddy's use Marc Weiss Spectra vital and it helps the growth and multiplication of there coral. I wanted to see if any one else uses any products and what they think of these

btldreef

I tried something similar, I think it was called Coral Frenzy, or something to that effect, I wasn't really impressed and it raised my nitrate levels. I think water changes is better.

meowzer

Yeah....I have tried a couple of those liquid things....I was not impressed.....I do have some H20Life frozen coral food.....I use 2 small cube (for the 225G, 1 for the 29G and 1 for the 54G) 2-3x a week....mainly cause I have it....LOL.....

tito3054

Its actually a powder.
I feed pellets, seaweed sheets(Julian Springs Green), live phytoplankton(Dr.G's),and (Kent Marine essential elements).
I actually feed two different types of pellets i mixed them together(Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Marine Pellets,and the other is multi-colored pellets that come in a blue tin but i don't have the container anymore).

btldreef

the coral frenzy stuff is powder as well.
If you're feeding phyto, IMO, you're doing enough.
I'm not a fan of pellets or flakes at all.

tito3054

Also Mysis Shrimp from Kikari,and a saltwater multi pack . Which bring s 4 Varieties of food. (Marine Cuisine)(Emerald Entree)(Omega Brine) and(Squid)

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito3054 http:///forum/thread/382871/coral-supplaments#post_3344459
Also Mysis Shrimp from Kikari,and a saltwater multi pack . Which bring s 4 Varieties of food. (Marine Cuisine)(Emerald Entree)(Omega Brine) and(Squid)
Those are much better. I love the MC and EE.
Forgot to ask, what types of corals are you looking to feed, softies, SPS, LPS, NP, or everything?

tito3054

I feed the Cubes ones a week as well as the essential elemnts.
The pellets as well as the phyto every two days.
And the seaweed everyday or so since both my sailfin and clownfish love it.

meowzer

Essential elements is not a food....it is a mineral supplement....everything you should get from regular water changes
the other foods you listed are good foods

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382871/coral-supplaments#post_3344462
Essential elements is not a food....it is a mineral supplement....everything you should get from regular water changes
the other foods you listed are good foods
+1
I was using EE to refer to Emerald Entree. If you're doing weekly or bi-weekly water changes, Essential Elements isn't really needed.

tito3054

Well at the moment I have a pagoda,and birds nest .
I have mushrooms that i would like to multiply, ricodea as well,I have a bubble that's doing fine.
Some hammers ,and 3 heade candy cane that i want to grow and cabbage that's doing fine.

tito3054

I understand that bi weekly or more frequent water changes are suggested. But I do them around every 5-6 weeks. and that's why i use the essential.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito3054 http:///forum/thread/382871/coral-supplaments#post_3344465
Well at the moment I have a pagoda feed this mysis, mine grows like a weed when I feed,and birds nest water changes and lighting - phyto helps a little.
I have mushrooms that i would like to multiply good water quality, ricodea as well lighting and water,I have a bubble that's doing fine water quality, lighting and feed it mysis.
Some hammers mysis
,and 3 heade candy cane that i want to grow they're tricky to get to eat, but can be trained, offer mysis
and cabbage that's doing fine. water quality and lighting

You could also try cyclop-eez, it's like crack for corals and the fish will eat it as well.

meowzer

I don;t always get to do mine every other week :(
I use to have all of those additives...LOL...still have some reef complete left. I had lots of essential elements....I used it sporadically just cause I paid for it...haha
I noticed no difference in growth when I was using it....as my tank has been aging, and my water parameters have improved I have been having much more coral growth

tito3054

I know this hobby is all about info Ive been doing it for some time now. I never used And additives for corals this is the firs time and I started around 2-4 weeks ago. The phyto i always used.
Some of my buddy's started using the spectra vital and his coral just looks better . But of course he does do water changes religiously every 3 weeks.And this could be the missing link between his and mine.