Corals recieved after a week

I worked very fast to put them in my tank since the water was smelly and brown, how long will it take before the zoas and GSP open up?

renogaw

you're saying you got a shipment of corals that took a week in this season?
the water is smelly?
and the corals aren't open...
it's probably garbage time.....

Originally Posted by coastie81
http:///forum/post/2959528
why did it take a week???? that is just crazy.
Most likely they are dead, but that is just my opinion
I Have no ideal, but USPS included a apology with the package, about the damage. Is there anything i can do about it?

coastie81

I would have refused the package like bang guy said. Really unless you had insurance there is nothing you can do. That is also why I hate using USPS, I also never ship or recieve corals (unless they are zoas, which i get and ship nothing more then 2 day) next day.
Not sure really what you can do. Sorry

nycbob

a week is long long time. with zoas and gsp, give it a shot. they might hv survived the ordeal. nothing to lose at this point. usps, i hv always hated. most people that work there r lazy imo. they'd always leave missing-delivery note at my door saying i wasnt home, when i was home all along.

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2959561
a week is long long time. with zoas and gsp, give it a shot. they might hv survived the ordeal. nothing to lose at this point.
couple polyps have whats looks to be tentacles stick out of its mouth, does this mean they are opening?

valgae

maybe put them in a good flow area to kick al the dead stuff off and get that skimmer goin!!!! good luck hope at least something survives. gsp is pretty hardy. if any makes it frag w/ a razor and reglue. same w/ the zoas

str8salt

What type of shipping did you use? express or priority? Have a signature confirmation put on it if priority to ensure that it is not left. Express has to be signed for unless it is waived. If it didn't make it overnight and it was scheduled to you should be able to get your shipping back as well.