COTW: Ricordia

X

xxchris060

Do i need to feed them anything. I use Dt'S Photoplankton. When i add dt's should i turn off my sump and all power heads or just the sump?

wrassecal

Well I'm not getting the ricordea:( ..ahh...apparently something ate them:confused: I'm still on the look out for some, so anybody?:)
m rogers those are awesome! where can I get some like that?

attml

entice59,
Yes, Ricordia do split. You can tell that they are getting ready to split when a second mouth forms.

krux

cant wait till my name comes up on the list for one of those pink ricordia like you have steve. beautiful as always.

dfishh

my ricordias look like dazed's and attml's ones, and im worried bout them cuz at my lfs, he wouldnt sell a ricordia to my frend cuz he sed it was bleeched. it looked like mine cept with orange tentacles, like it had that kinda translucentness around the base and around tentacles, all the other ones here r all nice solid colors, ono!
DAVE

stupid_naso

My ricordias don't split. They produce babies, little ricordias. In fact all my mushrooms reproduce that way. Here are some pictures. If you look at the colony carefully, there are 6 baby ricordias.
stupid_naso

stupid_naso

Here's a close-up picture of the two babies on the sides. Btw, these mushrooms weren't there when I first got the mushroom rock.
stupid_naso

overanalyzer

Thanks leigh - I was reading this post last night which is why I wanted to know what colors people had gotten from SWF.com ..... praying for an orange one or a blue/purple one ...

leigh

If you get an orange one let me know, but don't hold your breath. At the local coral haven here ricordia is $5, orange ricordia is $40. :rolleyes:
good luck and keep us posted!! :)

leigh

if you don't stop making me drool i'm, well, i'm, er...i'm gonna come over there and steal some corals that's what i'm gonna do!

nm reef

Was just looking for pics posted by a member and found this long dead thread. The content and pics were so good I thought I'd bring it back up top. A bunch of great pics and loads of info on a very popular coral selection. The diversity alone is worth another look!!!:cool: