couple of shots and new addition!

scarface

Just bought a naso, he kinda dwarfs everyone whos in the tank but I like him, my camera skills are sucky but hopefully I will get better, enjoy!

scarface

Originally Posted by kirkland
He has great coloring! Very nice addition! How big are those mushrooms? They look huge!
thank you, im surprised u can see the coloring at all with the crappy quality of the photo, ill try to take some better ones later. Yeah I have a whole bunch and they are about maybe 3 inches in diamater each

azfishgal

Nice Naso!
How is he doing with your Hippo and Achilles tang? Any problems yet? Also, how long have you had your Achilles? Is he hard to take care of? Reason I ask, is I have a Blue Hippo and I was thinking of getting a Achilles or Sailfin. I was told Achilles can be hard to keep.

cole812

hey scarface...nice new addition to ur tank. where would u get the silly idea that ur naso "dwarfs" the rest of ur fish?? hopefully u'll have better luck w/ this naso. I really like ur clams they look nice but maybe u should consider putting the maxima clam on the rock mine does GREAT there. well i've had some better luck w/ that rose BTA we've spoke about in the last post but unfortunately i bought a new BTA that was green w/ awesome orange tips but unfortunately it looks terrible these days. he turned completely white & deflated. Also the frogspaw in the pic...is that the plain one or the one with the purple/pink tips? I really love the one's with the pink tips...i've always wanted one of those. well nice to see the updated pics...keep us posted!!

aanthony

im liking the tank, and i love the selection of tangs, the blue hippo, the naso with the frills on its tail, and the achilles (favorite fish)

scarface

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Nice Naso!
How is he doing with your Hippo and Achilles tang? Any problems yet? Also, how long have you had your Achilles? Is he hard to take care of? Reason I ask, is I have a Blue Hippo and I was thinking of getting a Achilles or Sailfin. I was told Achilles can be hard to keep.

The Naso is doing fine, no problems they sometimes swim together. As for the Achilles ive had him since Oct 2006 and hes great, in the beginning he didnt feed right away but what I did was put him in qt where he would learn to eat flake and frozen food and associate me with that and it took maybe about 1-2 weeks since then his hunger never stops, they do like a lot of flow so keep that in mind! HTH

scarface

Originally Posted by Cole812
hey scarface...nice new addition to ur tank. where would u get the silly idea that ur naso "dwarfs" the rest of ur fish?? hopefully u'll have better luck w/ this naso. I really like ur clams they look nice but maybe u should consider putting the maxima clam on the rock mine does GREAT there. well i've had some better luck w/ that rose BTA we've spoke about in the last post but unfortunately i bought a new BTA that was green w/ awesome orange tips but unfortunately it looks terrible these days. he turned completely white & deflated. Also the frogspaw in the pic...is that the plain one or the one with the purple/pink tips? I really love the one's with the pink tips...i've always wanted one of those. well nice to see the updated pics...keep us posted!!

Cole nice to hear from you. Everything is great maybe you can come by another time to look at my tank and see how I take care of my anemones so that you wont have that problem anymore!

scarface

Originally Posted by AAnthony
im liking the tank, and i love the selection of tangs, the blue hippo, the naso with the frills on its tail, and the achilles (favorite fish)
Thanks for the comments! These guys act like the mob when they swim together
blonde naso=tony soprano
blue hippo= Sil
achilles=Bobby
lol

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Scarface
The Naso is doing fine, no problems they sometimes swim together. As for the Achilles ive had him since Oct 2006 and hes great, in the beginning he didnt feed right away but what I did was put him in qt where he would learn to eat flake and frozen food and associate me with that and it took maybe about 1-2 weeks since then his hunger never stops, they do like a lot of flow so keep that in mind! HTH

Thanks. I QT all my fish for 3-4 weeks, so that won't be a problem. I'm still trying to decide on my third tang. I have a Blue Hippo and as per my daughter I need to get a Yellow Tang (he'll go in last), so that leaves me with one more tang for my tank. Either a Sailfin (not the Redsea) or Achilles......still trying to decide.
My tank is 125 gallons, 6' long, so I don't want to do more than three tangs. My Blue Hippo is still in QT but for only 1 more week if all goes well, then I'll be getting my Anthias then I'll need to make the final decision on that third tang. I'm thinking I should have gone larger with my tank.

scarface

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Thanks. I QT all my fish for 3-4 weeks, so that won't be a problem. I'm still trying to decide on my third tang. I have a Blue Hippo and as per my daughter I need to get a Yellow Tang (he'll go in last), so that leaves me with one more tang for my tank. Either a Sailfin (not the Redsea) or Achilles......still trying to decide.
My tank is 125 gallons, 6' long, so I don't want to do more than three tangs. My Blue Hippo is still in QT but for only 1 more week if all goes well, then I'll be getting my Anthias then I'll need to make the final decision on that third tang. I'm thinking I should have gone larger with my tank.

we all wish we can go bigger, one day I want a 400 gallon tank but those are just dreams right now lol Good luck with whatever choice you make and if you go for the achillies let me know how it turns out but in my opinion I think you should add the achillies last or the same time with the yellow cause the acanthurus can be real nasty and mean to anyone else who you introduce to the tank, I got luck with the naso cause its double the size, but for some reason I tried to put a copperband in before didnt work out I had to bring the copperband back to the lfs

aanthony

well if their like the sopranos that means the blue hippo, and achilles will be killed, and the naso will just disappear when its eating onion rings.
But i know what it looks like to have the tangs together, when i first started my 55 i had like a 5inch hippo, and a 4 inch naso, they would always swim together, it was so illegal, but looked so good. dont worry people their both in bigger tanks now, so im guessing yours is about 180 gallons?

scarface

Originally Posted by Cole812

as for ure question about is the frogspawn purple/pink tips yes it is, u cant really tell in the pics. Comeover I have enough to frag you a piece! That sucks about your anemoe like I said before maybe you dont have enough light? back to topic how are all ur tangs doing?

scarface

Originally Posted by AAnthony
well if their like the sopranos that means the blue hippo, and achilles will be killed, and the naso will just disappear when its eating onion rings.
But i know what it looks like to have the tangs together, when i first started my 55 i had like a 5inch hippo, and a 4 inch naso, they would always swim together, it was so illegal, but looked so good. dont worry people their both in bigger tanks now, so im guessing yours is about 180 gallons?
well the hippo will be playing dead like sil is but actually isnt and yes sad but true the achillies will die playing with the veggie clip lol my tank is 125 gallons and its 6' long in the future I will be getting a 300-400 gallon tank (pipe dreams) lol and im not one to critize people with their tank sizes and their tangs so you have those two in a 55 isnt that bad at least they were small, we've all seen and read about the "othe people" with three big tangs in a 90 gallon tank lol

scarface

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
hows achillas tang? thats my fav fish of all.
awesome reef model citizen!

brandon7491

i think the tank looks to small for the naso imo. i would go with a purple tang red sea. btw ur tank looks really good. also would an achilles tang and a powder blue tang fight?

scarface

Originally Posted by brandon7491
i think the tank looks to small for the naso imo. i would go with a purple tang red sea. btw ur tank looks really good. also would an achilles tang and a powder blue tang fight?

trust me hes fine but thanks for ur concern. And yes they will they are the same family
tangs with the same shape will generally not like each other unless added together and even that is a slim chance, were u thinking about either fish?

brandon7491

yea i was thinking on adding an achiles and powder blue cuz the are my fav fish but they are not cheep so ill just have the powder blue,blue hippo,and purple tang. maybe ill get a 200gallon rubermaid tub and just have a setup with an achilles if i ever get desperate

fishkiller

Nice tank, but seriously, that naso belongs in a 1000 gallon or better. Do not be surprised if/when he stops eating in about 3-4 months. I've been doing this stuff for almost 5 years from the retail, wholesale, and the general enthusiest side. I've kept tangs that size before, but it was in a 1400 gallon aquarium that was 13 feet long. I'm not bashing you, so please don't take offense to this post. I'm just telling you, from my past experience, that tang is not "fine" and he's not happy. And he probably will not survive a year. I MAY BE WRONG and I hope I am, for the fish's sake. Hell, I had a customer with a naso almost that size in a 75.... He died in that 75 before he got that size. Just my $.02