Crazy Day, Yellow tang glued his mouth shut

Hi Guys,
Today a crazy thing happened. I was relocating a pink millepora in my tank. I use the coral putty with coral glue. When I was putting the mille back in my tank, my yellow tang took a peck or two on it. You can imagine what happened, Yes he glued his mouth shut!! He should be ok in a couple of days (fish slime and salt water should loosen up the glue) I just thought I would share this crazy experience with you.

S

smartorl

Wow, you should buy him a lottery ticket, what were the chances!

S

smartorl

Notice that I say "him", come on we all know it had to be a "he".

Hi Guys, yeah I know whats the chances? This sounds crazy but I know a couple other people that had this happen, the glue came off in a couple of days due to the fish slime. I would never be able to catch him in my tank, to much coral and rock for him to hide in. I think it would only add to his stress if I tried. Its a crazy thing, he doesn't know its there! I fed the tank and he kept trying to eat, a very sad sight. I will be sure to keep you all posted

(Update) He still has the glue on the top of his mouth but it seems to have let go on the inside and bottom
I fed the tank this morning and he was eating fine. I think the glue should be gone by tomorrow

al&burke

Mike that is the craziest thing i have ever seen - your tang must be color blind - tell him algae is red or green - not white.

LOL, I know it crazy, Of all the luck. I felt so bad, he never gets to the food first. The time he finally does and his mouth get glued closed

Yeah, I will definitely be gone in a day or so. His mouth was completely sealed closed yesterday, today its only on the top of his mouth making it ok for him to eat

keith gray

I have a friend that just this week was acclimating a clown tang and while doing so walked to the kitchen to get something. When he came back his little boy had picked up the fish and put it in his mouth ! So far the fish is still alive and my friend told me he was going to name him SUSHI ! lol