Critique another photo for me...

nm reef

...if you don't mind that is.
Lately I've been trying to learn additional processing options to better highlight my photos. These may "just" be common 'shrooms...but I liked the edited end product as far as the photo goes.
What do y'all think......keeper or delete?

joncat24

i would say definite keeper. they may be common shrooms but the detail is fantastic...nice pic....I am getting a new cam soon can't wait to get some good pics...

nm reef

Originally Posted by joncat24
i would say definite keeper. they may be common shrooms but the detail is fantastic...nice pic....I am getting a new cam soon can't wait to get some good pics...

Thanks for the critique joncat...one of the means I have to determine if my photos are improving is to post my efforts and see what folks in the hobby think of the end result.
Here is another I've worked on for presentation here...another simple coral that can be a very attractive addition. Some folks even proclaim them to be capable of becoming pests if allowed to grow unchecked.

nm reef

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
I'd say a keeper. Awesome pictures!!!

Thank ya very much Mr. Guitar...I glad you like them.
Here is another offering for critique...a pair of clowns that call a sweet hammer home. This living arrangement is a feature of the "store" display at my favorite LFS in Lubbock,,,a place called Mr. Aquarium.

mrdc

I say losing and mail them to me since they take crappy pictures ... bad shroom!

No the pic is great so I say keep. Those are one of my favorite shrooms.

nm reef

Originally Posted by mrdc
I say losing and mail them to me since they take crappy pictures ... bad shroom!

No the pic is great so I say keep. Those are one of my favorite shrooms.

I'm seldom inclined to ship corals....if you lived close we could arrange a trade or something along those lines...but unfortunately I'm not into shipments...

I am glad you like the photos and thanks for takin' the time to respond.
I often prefer a black & white conversion over the origional color...I believe this may be my first hobby related black&white effort posted here for y'all to review....one of the resident clowns tidyin' up the homestead...comments and crique are encouraged...thanks for looking.

nm reef

Originally Posted by rebeccabut
all of those pictures are beautiful!

Thank ya kindly...I'm pleased ya like 'em.
That'll be all for now. I've edited and processed and resized all I'm going to do for today....peace y'all

sharkboy13

hey nice corals NM, hey it says u live in the land of enchantmant, u in the east or west side? im in the east and have a imp problem, do u no any good magical creature removal services?

nm reef

Originally Posted by TX Reef
What program do you use to edit your pics?

Photoshop Elements 3.0...not the best of the Photoshop line...I'd rather have the CS2 version but I've managed to live with the scaled down version.

nm reef

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
hey nice corals NM, hey it says u live in the land of enchantmant, u in the east or west side? im in the east and have a imp problem, do u no any good magical creature removal services?
:notsure:
The Land of Enchantment would be New Mexico to you Yank's...and I live on the eastern side of the state...I don't have a clue about imp's...
:notsure:

nm reef

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Shrooms and pics look sweet!!!!! I am not big on the black and white one though, jmo

I'm glad you like them...B&W can make for some very interesting conversions...I do a lot of landscape and family photos in B&W...but I seldom convert aquarium photos.

saltn00b

pics are pretty cool. i love striped shroomies.
the one with the clowns is not your best...
have you ever tried B+W leaving one or two colors not in grayscale? it can make quite a striking picture.