critiques please

townsdp

My last sump and fuge didn't use baffles and was just 2 rubbermaid tubs joined by bulkheads. I'm redoing my system draining my 75g drilling a corner sump draining through a 1" bulkhead. I acquired a 55g AGA that Im building into my new stand. I have drawn a design for it and am ording the glass baffles cut monday. It will have single drain, then the sump area with 200w heater, css125 skimmer, phosban reactor, then bubble trap baffles, 4" dsb fuge , then returned through mag 5 and mag 2 side-by-side running into same 3/4" return line into DT. I want to maintain a 13" water line pretty much so if anyone has any suggestions or sees any potential problems please let me know. Thanks

bang guy

I would have the glass panel on the right side of the sump area 1" shorter than the left side of the refugium area. This makes it less likely for the waterflow to drag microbubbles from the sump to the refugium. It won't affect the water level.

deejeff442

you might want to get a bigger bulkhead 1 inch i pretty small for gravity feed.
i have 2 at 1-1/4 inch but a little more pump flow.dont want to overflow the dt.
you need to have the outside baffles at the same height and the center only has to be an inch or two higher.
also make the same baffle setup for the pump side to get rid of air bubbles.
how many overflows do you have?

townsdp

I had a cpr 600gph hob overflow with 1" bulkhead and it kept up with the pumps perfectly so I figured a 1" gravity would work fine. And with the drain going into a sock, that much sump, bubble baffles, and a 2 ft fuge, I figured I would have no problem with bubbles at the end of the 55g.