Cuntruction of my Aquasacping.

beatlesfan

Ok I have ordered 150lbs of base rock and will be getting around 50lbs of live rock to go in my 125g. Now i was wondering what a good way to construct my rock. I know it's really "Whatever you want" but i really want to know what has worked well for you. I was thinking half and half with a "Channel" inbetween and very cavelike and some falt surfaces aswell. Anyways i would like to know what yours looks like. Any help is apreciated :cheer:

Also pics would be great!
:joy:
:joy:

travis89

Mine is basically a wall with lots of holes for fish to swim through. I would post a pic but I can't get a clear pic with my camera.

1journeyman

Keep in mind:
Base rock needs to be on the glass at the bottom of your tank, not on any substrate. This keeps burrowers from undermining it.
Make it very stable. Falling rocks and glass are a bad combination.
You want good water flow throughout your aquarium. NO DEAD SPOTS. This means keep the rock off the sides of the tank to allow water flow to go all around.

bill109

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...rue&interval=3
we r in the same boat
what i like to fo is start on the bottom with caves and half circle looking rocks like i have build some solid caves,, buy some little roudn pieces for around the back of the caves so you canb out a ttop on it aand let the stacking begin in the stacking i like to put in holes as mentioned above. tht is the link to my 90 i have anhter 5 lbs to go in tomorrow from the exsisting tank,
as i said i didit he caves and the circle thing. th arch i guess :hilarious

kayak385

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Keep in mind:
Base rock needs to be on the glass at the bottom of your tank, not on any substrate. This keeps burrowers from undermining it.
Make it very stable. Falling rocks and glass are a bad combination.
You want good water flow throughout your aquarium. NO DEAD SPOTS. This means keep the rock off the sides of the tank to allow water flow to go all around.
My tank doesn't have base rock(something journeyman just taught me). I don't have any burrowers though either.
Here is a pic of mine to show you what it looks like just as an idea, this pic is from the beginning of my tank experience, I've added a bit more since.

kayak385

the skimmer i stuffed in my sump/fuge(developing)
I also added 2 mangroves, one on the big rock on the right and another on the big rock on the left at the top.
There are 3 large rocks(15-25lbs) with the startup of growth after the corallife stage, 2 medium size rocks(5-15lbs) with corallife started up and 10 small rocks(1-5lbs) that are full of corallife.
Enjoy!

kayak385

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
heres my tank

That is the same pic as bill109... are you two the same?
Either way, what is it going to be and whats going in it?

kayak385

LOL, ask bill109 :hilarious
Bill109... anything to say? hehe
either way, how big is that tank and how much more rock work are you adding?

royal gang

Originally Posted by kayak385
u asking me? i was just kidding, that's not my tank

bill109

Originally Posted by kayak385
lol
hes/shes sneaky!
no tht is my tank lol
its 90 gallons and i have about 15 more lbs of lr
for fish now i have
YT
2 clowns
2 chromis
Pink blue watchman
i would like to add
1 inch blue hippo for a year or so then if i upgrade ill keep him were building a game room so my mom and i want a in the wall.
what i want is basically out of the question (btw ive seen a bunch of hippos in 90 and the minimum is 70..? the doctors site)
if tht isnt a good idea then all of tht minus the hippo
plus.
flame hawk
scissortail goby
coral beauty
then for inverts i have
cleaner shrimp
peppermint
snails/hermits
2 limpets
well for the hawk ill keep an eye on him

bill109

i had a rediculously hard time setting up my rocks, damn it was HARD :mad:
care to show some pi cs?

bill109

Originally Posted by tank watch
i use the pyramid method, creating caves along the way
i messed iwht my ock for an hour and coulndt buold a cave.. man i want one soooo bad but couldnt so i gave up and i tried my bes and im gonna stack the rock up