Curious 'bout y'alls fishloads in yer reefs. So.....

hairtrigger

Can everyone please post how many fish you have in what size tank.
Also, curious about nitrate levels, and how often you do water changes.
Type and size of fish optional. :D

chris l

2 fish in a 44g. 1 inch Pajama Cardinal and a 3 inch Potters Angel. Nitrates 0. Water change once a week. 10%

plum70rt

30+ fish,Range from 1 inch to over 6+, 3 anemones,over 100 snails, 100 or so hermits, blue leg and reds,2 coral banded shrimp,No water changes

bang guy

1100 gallons in the system
Yellow Tang
Foxface
Pair of Percs
Pair of Dragonettes
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty
7 Chromis
Royal gramma
5 misc. gobies
10 adult Banggai
about 150 baby Banggai

hairtrigger

Dang you bang, with your ginormous fuge. :D I've seen the pics and it is impressive. I'm sorry, but given your super system, I cannot use your fishload as a viable reference. :D You've basically created a real self sustaining eco-system.
And thanks a lot everyone. This is helping me a lot. I right now only have about 9 fish in a 200 gallon system.
1 mean a$$ purple pseudo.
2 perc clowns
2 bar gobies
1 convict goby
1 hippo tang
1 flame angel
1 yellow tang
all pretty much on the small side. except the percs. They are pigs.
I was worried I may have to take out the bar gobies (least colorful) to add something else. But, given the responses, I believe I have some room. My water is great so I havent found a problem. And I am in the process of getting my fuge together.
Keep posting yall. This is a great help. Thanks ! :cool:

leboeuf

220g
7 fish
10 misc shrimp
20 hermits
30 snails
star fish
cucumber
10 crabs
1 30g water change in three months. All levels at zero except po4, .02. feed every day

hairtrigger

PS--- Plum.... you don't do any water changes? Fuge? How do you do that with that many fish. And Ive seen your tank pics. It is very nice so I know your system seems to be working.
One more thing... did yall get that cool little frag trading session underway down there yet? Cause if so, let me know what you picked up. I just got a bunch of stuff and might start thinking about fragging soon. :cool:

cadbury

180 Gallon Acrylic tank
Ecosystem
3 Firefish
2 Purple Firefish
1 Tomato Clown
1 Mimic Tang
1 Vlagemi Tang
1 six-line Wrasse
1 Red Lip Blenny
6 Green Chromis
100 Blue leg Hermits
40 Naursis Snails
3 Emereald Crabs
2 Harlequin Shrimps
Very little water changes and NO ADDITIVES! All Natural.
Lots of variations of Corals.

plum70rt

HT, DENITRATOR,:) cranked up to flush 3 times a day, which means 7 gallons three times a day gets completely returned to tank nitrate free, and Im a heavy handed feeder
And yes we had a little frag meet, very nice people, the next one will be bigger and better, got some nice white xenia, green star polups, a little piece of a leather,small SPS frags, very nice,and a little shroom,:D

hairtrigger

That's a pretty good haul man. Nice! Yeah, that's funny you use a denitrator because I have really been trying to explore them more. But, I am not finding too much info on them. I asked something about them on here, but most people said to just use a fuge to take care of it. They advised it basically does the same thing. Hmmmmmm.

bang guy

They appear to have reached an agreement.
I don't recommend having these two angels in the same tank though.

richard rendos

54 gallon tank - 1 pink square anthias, 1 maroon clown, 1 bi color blenny.
120 gallon tank -1 purple tang, 1 kole tang, 1 flame angel, 3 scissor tail gobies, 1 longnose hawkfish.
33 gallon tank - 2 percula clowns.
BigMac - I thought you had a 150.?:confused:

ryebread

29 Gallon ~ Lawnmower Blenny, Fairy Wrasse, Percula Clownfish.
120 Gallon ~ In the works right now.......fish a little ways down the road.

hairtrigger

Bang... you don't have to worry about fishkiller's flame and coral beauty fighting. It won't be much of a challenge unless the beauty thaws out from FREEZER BURN. :D
Congrats on getting that 120 rye. You can stock that pretty nicely. :cool:
DVS, Big mac and all the other infrequent water changers... I am beginning to think my weekly water changes are a waste of money. I see me starting a thread about this shortly in the future. :cool: