Custon 29 Gal Oak Hood with MH, PC and moon lights

thegrog

I have broken down my 29 gallon tank. I don't have any plans to bring it up anytime soon as a reef (keeping tank itself for a large QT or emergency tank)
I have my custom made hood for the tank. It is stained oak and fits on standard 29 gallon tanks. I think it would fit on a 20 long as well.
The front of the hood flips up for access.
Contains a 175W MH light, 65W PC (actinic), 3 LED moonlights and all ballasts and power cords. Ballasts are included. Also included are bulbs for the MH and PC. All bulbs have only been used for about 6 months.
Also contains two fans for cooling. One large side input fan, one small top exhaust fan.
I am in the Chicago area. Can't really be shipped easily so pickup is preferred. I am willing to meet you somewhere within a 2-hour drive radius (for $10 gas money). I am off all this week so I have time.
Here are two pics that I have. I will take more tomorrow and post.
With this hood, you can keep a reef with most any coral, including stony corals. Enough light for an anemone, but I don't recommend keeping one in any tank less than 55 gallon though.
Best reasonable offer in the next 3-4 days takes it, else it goes to ----. Either post an offer or email me at thejediray@aol.com

thegrog

Originally Posted by nu2salt
is there a possibility of u shipping it
I would ocnsider it. Just that the hood would be an oversized package and the ballast is heavy so that would add even more the shipping cost. If willing to pick up those costs, I would consider it.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by TheGrog
I would ocnsider it. Just that the hood would be an oversized package and the ballast is heavy so that would add even more the shipping cost. If willing to pick up those costs, I would consider it.
how much would u take shipped

thegrog

Originally Posted by nu2salt
how much would u take shipped
I'll look into shipping.
What is your zip??

nu2salt

Originally Posted by TheGrog
I'll look into shipping.
What is your zip??
sorry grog for the wait....40356

thegrog

OK, I have done the calcuations and I could ship the hood, bulbs and ballast in two packages insured for around $30. The ballast is very heavy so I would ship it in it's own package.
I am changing my previous statement and will ship this to the lower 48 states if anyone interested. Goes on ---- tomorrow if nobody responds.

thegrog

Originally Posted by skdehawk
How much are you asking and what are the demensions of the box? We might be interested. Please email me at skdehawk@yahoo.com
I emailed you a link to the

[hr]
site with the item.
Dimensions are 14x14x31 (outside) but it is designed to fit perfectly on a tank 12-1/2x29-3/4" (standard 29 gallon or 20 gallon long)

thegrog

Opening

[hr]
bid is $200 + shipping ($30)
Buy It Now is $300 + shipping
That big

[hr]
site that starts with an 'E' item #320071614377 for more pics and info.

sedorusc

oh, heck I think I'll go for the $300 plus shipping. I can do paypal but not at least until tomorrow morning. lmk.

thegrog

Originally Posted by sedorusc
oh, heck I think I'll go for the $300 plus shipping. I can do paypal but not at least until tomorrow morning. lmk.
If you just make the click, you can wait to pay until Friday (payday I am guessing). I am at work all day Friday and most of Sat so I can't ship until Monday morning anyway.
Thanks and look foward to doing business!

sedorusc

unfortunately I just sprang what looks to be a major leak in my sump. I am watching your item and If I can get away fixing this cheap I will definitely jump on it.