Cyclop-eze

jumpfrog

This stuff has been around for a while now and I know some of you are using it.
So what's the verdict? Good product? Notice any improvements in coral vitality?
My LFS claims it's great, but then...........EVERYTHING he sells is Great:rolleyes:
I'd just like some real world thoughts from a group of opinions I trust.

nm reef

I have heard lots of very positive comments about it...IF I ever find any locally I plan to try it myself.
There was a fairly recent thread on it...try a search above and hopefully you'll find it. I believe there was a link about it also....:cool:

ryebread

Thumbs up on this product from me.
My corals love it and it has also been a great food for me to start finicky eaters on. I really like it because of my Anthias......they love the stuff. Bigger fish don't really care too much for it normally.......too small for them I guess.
One thing I do know is this:
If you get the frozen bar version.......it smells kinda bad. Don't point it at your wife and chase her around the house with it.....I hear they don't like that very much. :D And I also hear that I don't like it later. :(

bang guy

Originally posted by RyeBread
it smells kinda bad. Don't point it at your wife

.... nahhhh I'm just not gonna go there.

jmesmcm

Cyclopeeze are great. All my corals love it, in particular my carnation which seems to do very well until it gets knocked over yet again.

64ivy

I've been using it awhile now, about three times a week. Both my Chromis and Anthias behave like children under the pinata at a birthday party. I'm also sure it's being taken up by some of the 'Lps' corals as well. In fact, the only negative I've ever heard about this stuff is, if you have an infestation of Aiptasia or Majanoes, you should be exceptionally conservative in your feeding. Apparently, it makes them breed like...well, like Aiptasias and Majanoes! :)

jumpfrog

I'm sure those of you who are supplementing your fish's diet (Rye and your anthias for example) are feeding at least once if not twice a day. For those who are looking mainly at coral food, when do you feed (day or night) and how often?

ryebread

Honestly, I feed it the same as 64Ivy.....3 times a week. The Anthias like it a lot, but they eat other foods as well.

jmesmcm

I feed it at night as that is when most of my corals are out feeding and the inverts go nuts over it as well.

D

dboy999

just wandering where are you people getting the cyclop-eeze i ask a few lfs in the area an they never heard of it...did a search found the site of the people that make it ,but cant find anywhere to purchase either online or at a store...anyone?

64ivy

Originally posted by jumpfrog
For those who are looking mainly at coral food, when do you feed (day or night) and how often?

I feed my 'Sps' corals Golden Pearls from Brine Shrimp Direct. I use the three smallest sizes (the largest size being more for the 'Lps' corals) and I feed twice a week, approximately 2 hours after lights out.