Dallas has their puppet...

ruaround

Wade "Pinocchio" Phillips will most likely be named head puppet... er hem... i mean head coach later today...

ruaround

48 - 39 as a head coach... 0 - 3 in the play offs as a head coach...
as the Guenniss boys would say... BRILLIANT!!!
:hilarious

emmitt2

Actual Cowboy fans, not the self loathing ones so prevelant on this board, like the hire. Defense was our main problem and no question Phillips is a great defensive coach. Can you say DOOMSDAY III

****************** Let's not carry arguments over to new threads.
1Journeyman

emmitt2

****************** Let's not carry arguments over to new threads.
1Journeyman

WOW! Thats pretty lame friend considering carrying arguments over to new threads is THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD!!!
Guess it's only counts for arguments you dont agree with :thinking:

oceanists

Rather have Wade than good old Chucky Gruden.
If the Cowboys wanted a ppuppet they would have went with Turner or better yet Garret at HC m Wade will be far from a puppet and I beleive this was a good move.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Rather have Wade than good old Chucky Gruden.
If the Cowboys wanted a ppuppet they would have went with Turner or better yet Garret at HC m Wade will be far from a puppet and I beleive this was a good move.
why would you want Phillips over Gruden??? Gruden actually has wins in the post season... although i personally thought Dungy wasnt given a fair shake i was happy that Gruden went to the Bucs...
i think that Singletary or Rivera would have been better than Phillips or Turner...

jmick

I am very happy the Cowboys didn't hire Rivera and that the Bears will have a shot to retain him. Also, I hope that Lovie allows Ron to run his defense and I hope we see a lot less of the Cover 2 next year.

oceanists

Originally Posted by ruaround
why would you want Phillips over Gruden??? Gruden actually has wins in the post season... although i personally thought Dungy wasnt given a fair shake i was happy that Gruden went to the Bucs...
i think that Singletary or Rivera would have been better than Phillips or Turner...

being a stat junky i thought you would beable to figure this one out....
I dont see why Wade has has a bad rep as you stated he is 48-39
He took a Bills team from 6-10 before he started to 10-6 , 11-5, 8-8
Gruden is 77-67 not a HUGE difference .... Gruden in the past 4 seasons has been 7-9, 5-11, 11-5, and his all time worst 4-12 ... so in his past 4 season he is a combined 27-37 missing the playoffs 3 times.
Dallas has a good size 3-4 desense Wade Phillips is a 3-4 master. Dallas has the potention to be a GREAT defense especially if they can get Ellis healthy.
With Phillips taking command of the defense and Sparano and Garret running the offense and Avessano very possibly running special teams it is looking pretty good.
So YES I would much rather have Phillips.
It wouldnt matter who JJ hired because anybody he wouldve brought in everybody would have said he is looking for a puppet it couldve been Cowher and he wouldve been labled a puppet , Jones has never wanted a puppet all this was in reference to Jimmie Johnson.... remember Johnson was the one who chose to leave Dallas and go fail miserable with the Dolphins.
Out of all candidates that were interviewed or even available. Phillips was the man with the most experience a decent record and overall the best fit with the defensive scheme we are trying to run.
What if JJ turned to an offensive coach like Turner. What does that do to the defense with Zimmer gone .... your damned if you do and damned if you dont..... all I know is there was a world full of Cowboy fans looking to run Titty Boy Tuna out of town (including me) and now we are going to have to support the alternative (which I do 100%) Im not going to say it was a good move BUT Im CERTAINLY not going to say it was a bad move considering the other canidates.
JMO

scubadoo

Yet another goof ball move by the great Jerry Jones. WAde Philips has PROVED he cannot get a team to advance far in the playoffs.
Yet another example that Jones has lost touch with reality when it comes to smart GM moves.
No doubt this will set the mighty Cowboys back a few years. Eventually, Jerry Jomes will figure out he is lost when it comes to the current landscape of the NFL.
Wade Phillips was FIRED form several head coaching jobs. I'm sure he has figured out how to get a team to the SB. His Pa coundln't do it and neither can he.
Yet another BRIALLIANT move by one of the current poor GM's in the NFL.
One less team to worry about in the NFC.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Jmick
I am very happy the Cowboys didn't hire Rivera and that the Bears will have a shot to retain him. Also, I hope that Lovie allows Ron to run his defense and I hope we see a lot less of the Cover 2 next year.
Hiring Rivera was certianly a WISER move then this washed up son of Bum. He will be like a deer trapped in the headlights of a turck....lost on the sidelines.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
Wade Phillips ?!?! Oh there goes Dallas's football season !! LOL !!!
Can you say.........6-10....

Of all the young prospests out there...to bring in this washed up past fired numerous times....and I'm not sure what to do on offense head coach is a joke.
Jerry Jones has to be one of the all time baffoons as a GM. With the exception of Parcells and of course Johnson ...he's brought nothing but has beens and never was's to the orgianization. Over the past ten years, he has to be one of the all-time goofs as a GM....but I think he is in a tight race with Matt Milen.
BUM PHILLIPS....

scubadoo

Gruden won a Super Bowl and has playoff victories...I beleive Wade Phillips has a blackout bingo win...tha's about it.

Beware of the Son of BUM...

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Johnny84
This has to be the best news an EAGLES fan like myself could hear !!!!

You've got the east rapped up for MANY years.

scubadoo

Why did Dallas hire a coach with roots in a 3-4 defense. They only run that defesne in name only.....

scubadoo

48 - 39 as a head coach... 0 - 3 in the play offs as a head coach...
as the Guenniss boys would say... BRILLIANT!!!

I can't stop laughing...this has to be one of the all-time goofs in nfl history. I'm sure other teams were lined up to secure the services of the son of Bum.
There is so much young talent out there...why hire a guy that has been fired numerous times in the past? ZERO playoff victories....nothing but a big tub of goo.
This is definitely a wise move if 6-8 victories is your goal.
Oh yeah that's right...that Son of Bum defense really shut down the Patriots in the playoffs.

Son of Bum is an okay d-coord...but he is lost as a head coach. Eagles will have a cake walk to the nfc east title.