Damsel Eggs-Mystery

sassy51486

So it appears my two yellow tails have bred inside a large shell decoration in my 55 gallon. I discovered this by watching the strange behavior of my male damsel as he was guarding over them. He became extremely territorial towards this spot and much more agressive than normal. They started out as little clear looking bubbles, there were lots of them. (For about a week or so) Then they turned dark in color for two days. The next day they were gone so i assumed they hatched while i was away at work and got eaten. But then i found this thing on the back wall of my tank and am at a loss for what it is. Can it be related to the spawning?? It looks like a bunch of tiny rocks from the sandbed all strung together in a squiggly line. Any connection with the hatching of those eggs because they vanished and this just showed up as of today

sassy51486

No theres invertebrates but i dont own 2 snails that are the same, they're all varying species. I did have a pair of nassarius but i thought one died...How does that work ?