Dankbardy31 24g Nano Journal

dankbardy31

Thanks everyone. My goal is to get that rock in the front with the radioactives on it covered with a bunch of different colored zoos. I would also like a brain and a hammer in there some where. SLowly but surely.

dankbardy31

Replaced the metal halide bulb on the nano today. Hopefully the corals will enjoy the new light and flourish like weeds. Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand of iodine and trace elements to dose with?

dankbardy31

Just tried my hand at gluing a lil polyp frag to one of my small rocks. Hopefully it will survive and flourish. Also added a couple hermits and some more coralline astrea snails, and a emerald crab to the tank today. Should be buying some more coral soon too.

dankbardy31

Good news all around. The g.b.polyps that I glued are doing perfect. I also glued a piece of a leather coral and that is doing fine as well. Added a cleaner shrimp to each tank on wed. night and they are both doing fine as well. Had some family over for a party and impressed the hell out of all of them with the tanks. It was awesome. May go coral shopping tomorrow night for frags, will see if I have time to go to O.C.

dankbardy31

Ok so here are some pics. Basically there is a FTS, SIde TS, pic of the leather frag with a zoo, the gbp frag, my goby, the leather, and shot of the new cleaner. I should make it down to seaside for another 3 frags next weekend or the following weekend. just didn't have the time this weekend. I did my first testing in a long as$ time and all naugty's tested zero on both tanks. Thinking about perhaps setting up a pico in the next few months thanks to Neil's cool inspiration.

dankbardy31

Pretty much finalized the pico tank idea. Within a month I should have one, just don't know if I'm going to do a nano cube 6g or one of the aqua medic 9 gallon tanks or just a bunch of seperates. Any info or recommendations will be welcome. The goal for the tank would be some corals inverts and eventually seahorses.