Day 1 Quitting smokeing! Advise/support needed

mimzy

Originally Posted by Madman133

You Can do it!!!! (From Rob schneider in waterboy)
this man is the stuff of my worst nightmares.

bluegirl

Congrats!! Hang in there! Mimzy inspired me to stop the caffeine, and i've been caffeine free for a couple days. It's starting to get easier. Good luck!! :cheer:

darth tang

You guys are all a bunch of quiters............no caffeine, no cigarettes, no alcohol, What are you? French?

turningtim

Hey, darth its a personal thing. I will not or ever harrass others about what they do or don't. It really bugged me when ppl did this to me so I don't plan to do it to others.
ofice depot, I do so thank you for your support! I wasn't thinking about it, but now I may as well stop using all kraft food products too! Thanks again for the such unselfish advise! I hope I can serve you as well some day.

Thanks again to all in support! 9 hours and 20 mins. it can only get better from here.
Tim

shu-perman

Originally Posted by caomt
dont sleep with the patch on its gonna suck in the morning!
if you can go without smoking for a week on the patch you can do it!
It is recommended to NOT wear the patch while you sleep...BUT I'm a heavy sleeper and I had no problems w/ using mine overnight...it even caused me to have some colorful psyodelic(sp?) dreams
....I smoked more then 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day for 16 years....I used the patch for 5-6 weeks and was done w/ it..I also ate sunflower seeds to help w/ the hand to mouth part(much better then snacks..less fattening)....
I will say if you don't have stong will power and a TRUE desire to quit you will start smoking again....for me it'll be 7 years in Feb and I have NO desire to ever smoke again....
I wish you all the luck in the world...

mimzy

Originally Posted by bluegirl
Congrats!! Hang in there! Mimzy inspired me to stop the caffeine, and i've been caffeine free for a couple days. It's starting to get easier. Good luck!! :cheer:
Blue!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! How was it? Did you have headaches and nausea and stuff? Do you feel SO AWESOME?!?!

YAY!!! TIM AND BLUE ROCK THE HIZZY!!!!

Congrats!! :cheer: :cheer: You can do it!! I did two months ago - what a relief, I now have more money to spend on my tank!!
Advise to using the patch - Dont freak out but your going to have some vivid dreams seems to be a side affect. Also, you do not have to use the patch like the pharmacist tells you. Mine told me I would never be able to quit unless I used the 21 for a month, then the 14's for a month, then the 7's for a month. BULL!!! I had one week on the 21's, one week on the 14's and 2 days on the 7's and did just fine.. By the way I smoked one to two packs a day for the last 24 years!!! You can do it!!! :cheer: :cheer:
Just pick out that new coral or fish you want cuz your moneys not going up in smoke anymore!
AWESOME!!!!!

turningtim

Mimzy you are just to much!!! You ROCK!

Dll, I was going to ask that, I was told by my Doc 2 weeks big boy 4 weeks med, 2 weeks small fry. Recently I've only done a pack or less a day. I tell you this big one is kicking my butt. I put it on my hip and I'm sore. I have heard about the dreams and I don't think I'm gonna sleep with it. New coral or fish, NOT I'm buildinga new tank and the whole 9 yards. Idle hands are the ............
thanks again all,
13 hrs 20 mins
You go Blue!!!!

Tim

I alternated mine from upper right shoulder, upper left shoulder, back of right shoulder, back of left shoulder, front of right shoulder etc. then started back at the beginning really helped to keep from being too sore in one spot. Oh and if your insurance doesnt cover the patches, the generic brand works just the same. Matter of fact most of them are all made by the same company just repackaged etc. (don't tell anyone I told you!!)LOL!

bluegirl

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Blue!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! How was it? Did you have headaches and nausea and stuff? Do you feel SO AWESOME?!?!

YAY!!! TIM AND BLUE ROCK THE HIZZY!!!!
Headaches...plenty of them. Still having them on and off, but not so bad. Nausea, nope. So far I really want to eat in place of the caffeine, but i'm resisting the urge.
Go Tim!!

jr2857

lets just say that you do it gradually and don't all of sudden stop cause it's really hard. let's say you do 10 a day. then you do 9 after a week and then 8 and eventually 0. most stuff i learned in school. try not to get yourself into these situations. Tim i'm proud of you making the right choice