Death to Fedex

reefraff

Our FedEx driver is great and UPS seems to have the biggest collection of slugs it has ever been my sad misfortune to deal with. Had one woman UPS driver toss a box of T5 lamps on the floor which was clearly marked glass. I told her she just tossed about 300.00 worth of lamps across the floor and the dumb @#$%^& proceeds to toss a box with a 4x36 powermodule on top of the lamp box, I almost slugged her, She says "If there is a problem just report it and... Oh, we don't cover light bulbs". I asked even if the damage is due to driver irresponsibility/ She offered to watch as I opened the boxes and I told her she needed to leave RIGHT NOW!!!.
Luckily Reefgeeks packaging moron proofed the lamps but she split open the box the light was in and boogered up the splash shield. After my complaint call I've never seen her again.

al&burke

It is too bad this day and age that some people don't give a _ _ _ _ - what ever happened to customer service. It just takes one bad person and a bad experience to wreck it for everyone involved.

meowzer

I guess I am just lucky with UPS and Fed exp people....there are 2 ups drivers that come to my house.....one is a woman, and I told her how tough it is for me to get stuff around here....she told me she goes to Oklahoma City every Weds (personal stuff) and would be moer then happy to pick up something for me......LOL
The ups driver that delivers where I work went to a Yankee TX game,.....and brought me an envelope of pics of Derek Jeter...haha.....
the Fed EXP (over night guys) deliver to my work...AND my home....so as I said earlier....we all have each others #'s.....they know my work schedule, and being that I live out in the country, IF I have something delivered to home, I will meet them.....so we kinda look out for each other I guess

dmanatee

that is realy cool, and customer service at its best. And I do have to addmit that nearly all my fish have arived alive though fedex express. so there is hope but I will wait some time till I try useing their services again

ironeagle2006

For me anything that I get Fed Ex or UPS I get Early in the Morning for one reason. See I have a Huge Grocery Warehouse and a Huge Vacacum Truck plant near my house. They both get UPS and FEd Ex deliveries first thing in the Morning and since I am on those Drivers Routes after they make those Stops I am next. The UPS Driver does not want to make me mad for one reason my Neighbor is the Local Teamster Local VP and I am a buddy of His called I watch his animals when needed and also have fixed his car and truck for him many times. The Fed Ex man I went to HS with and he is Still scared of the Butt Kicking I gave him 18 years ago.

blackjacktang

I have never had any "special" experiences with the mail man. I Just get my package and if its a Live package i would usally call in and ask them about it.
I remember a while back there was a guy on here that always gave his mail man a water bottle on hot days when he made his deliveries, and one day the mail man when on a fishing trip and cought clams or scallops or something and brought some back for the person, it was like 20lbs or something good. I dont remember 100% Of it the post was like 2 years ago.

fishtaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/382990/death-to-fedex#post_3346284
About the chicks, they will do very well. In twenty some years of ordering chick from Murray McMurray Hatchery, I have had three chicks arrive DOA. They are hardy little buggers and because they are packed right out of the egg (it's not unusual to even get some eggshells in your box where they were not done hatching), shipped according to size and strict time guidelines they do surprisingly well. The thing about them being shipped right out of the egg is that their yolk sack will keep them "fed" for approx three days. They are always held at the post office and you can literally hear them cheeping when you walk through the doors.
That's good to hear, we are pretty excited to be getting some chicks to raise and I have been slowly getting together the things I need and doing some reading.
Fishtaco

reefraff

My brother used to raise exotic chickens for lure and fly companies. When he'd get a shipment the post office would call him, because the post office was only about 500 square feet and his boxes would take up most of the lobby. He had really good arrive alive record for like 5 years that he did it. Not a bad gig. He'd sell the hide from the neck on under the wings for the feathers then sell the carcasses to a mink rancher for like a buck a piece. Was making better than 35 bux a bird in the 80's and it only took about 8 months to get them to selling size.
Of course the county decided he had "too many animal units per acre" so they shut him down. So he couldn't keep 3000 chickens on his property but he could keep a couple bores and like 6 sows so he raised pigs for 4h clubs after that. Anywhere from 20 to 120 pigs of varying size OK but 3000 chickens, that used less space BAD. Ain't government wonderful.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/382990/death-to-fedex/20#post_3346507
My brother used to raise exotic chickens for lure and fly companies. When he'd get a shipment the post office would call him, because the post office was only about 500 square feet and his boxes would take up most of the lobby. He had really good arrive alive record for like 5 years that he did it. Not a bad gig. He'd sell the hide from the neck on under the wings for the feathers then sell the carcasses to a mink rancher for like a buck a piece. Was making better than 35 bux a bird in the 80's and it only took about 8 months to get them to selling size.
Of course the county decided he had "too many animal units per acre" so they shut him down. So he couldn't keep 3000 chickens on his property but he could keep a couple bores and like 6 sows so he raised pigs for 4h clubs after that. Anywhere from 20 to 120 pigs of varying size OK but 3000 chickens, that used less space BAD. Ain't government wonderful.
There is an interesting way to make a living, I have a couple chickens just for eggs. Governments don't understand