Debate

jmick

Will be curious to see what everyone has to say.
On a side note, guess who was correct the other day to suggest it will go off the planned agenda to get into the economy?

reefreak29

well I wasnt going to vote this year but i now have come to the conclusion that this is the most important election of all time. The economy is going to crap and can potentially crumble as it did in russia in the 90s, the importance of staying in iraq is on the table for me , we dont want to pull out to early and repeat history (russia/afganistan) in the 80s. we need to cut government spending and become responsible for our foolishness. obama has 900 days of experience in the senate. A majority of the time he did not vote and when he did all he did was vote against anything the republicans wanted to do. He is more liberal then kenedy for gods sake. jim oh im sorry john, I believe will try to work with both sides to actually get things done and I believe he will stick to his guns and wont be wishy washy like obama. sorry putting obama in the presidency right now would be like letting a 6 year old performing a heart transplant. we need someone with experience in a time like this

reefreak29

by the way it looks like towards the end obama is really jonsen for a smoke. looked iritable and unable to con con consintrate

pontius

as someone who has no intentions of voting, I'd say it was pretty close, but McCain won. I've thought this whole time that McCain is a terrible speaker, but I think he did a pretty good job. as far as pointing fingers at the other's policies, McCain did a better job of pointing out problems with things that Obama has done. Obama also didn't look good shaking his head, raising his hand, or interrupting everytime McCain was trying to speak.
but again, I'm not voting and neither swayed me enough to change my mind.

reefraff

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2770545
to answer YearOfTheNick question on why Obama rocks is casue hes young, and Black and has a great smile!

Finally an obama supporter that admits why they are voting for him

rebelprettyboy

lol im not gonna lie. Im 19 and dont care about poltics and thats really why im gonna vote for him. Plus I hate lookin at McCain wrinkles all on his neck and just dont like the guy.
But Ill this thread to the big boys and girls.

PS. Dont hate me now!

reefraff

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2770557
lol im not gonna lie. Im 19 and dont care about poltics and thats really why im gonna vote for him. Plus I hate lookin at McCain wrinkles all on his neck and just dont like the guy.
But Ill this thread to the big boys and girls.

PS. Dont hate me now!
Dude! If you are 19 and don't care about politics you are a fool(I mean that in a nice way). It's great that you are going to vote but people voting without having any real reason why they are supporting a particular candidate is what's wrong with this country. You are going to get stuck with what us old folk (I'm 49) leave behind. You want to vote for Obama thats great but make sure his policies and vision are what you want for the country too.

sickboy

Its funny, I have been surfing through the 3 major news networks and they all have a different answer to who won.
BSNBC- Obama wasted McCain
FauxNews- McCain wasted Obama
CNN- It was about even, each upped the other on certain issues.
(Sorry I don't know a nickname for CNN)

sickboy

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2770572
Dude! If you are 19 and don't care about politics you are a fool(I mean that in a nice way). It's great that you are going to vote but people voting without having any real reason why they are supporting a particular candidate is what's wrong with this country. You are going to get stuck with what use old folk (I'm 49) leave behind. You want to vote for Obama thats great but make sure his policies and vision are what you want for the country too.
I'm gonna have to agree with reefraff on this one, its our future we are talking about. Now I disagree with reef on which one it should be, but it's in everyones interest to care. Not trying to flame you or anything, I was in the same situation once....and I voted for Bush the first time

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2770576
Its funny, I have been surfing through the 3 major news networks and they all have a different answer to who won.
BSNBC- Obama wasted McCain
FauxNews- McCain wasted Obama
CNN- It was about even, each upped the other on certain issues.
(Sorry I don't know a nickname for CNN)
Clinton news network comes to mind.
BTW some here think bsnbc though Mclame kicked butt.

bhfccsr198

I Think Obama Would Be The Best Candidate Except For His Choice Of Vp Which I Think Sucks Because I Have Dealt With Him For A While Since Im From De

darthtang aw

I had to work tonight, so only saw the first 5 minutes, I have it DVR'd though, so I will watch it tomorrow and see...until then I am avoiding all news except what I read here so as not to hear anything before hand.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2770621
I had to work tonight, so only saw the first 5 minutes, I have it DVR'd though, so I will watch it tomorrow and see...until then I am avoiding all news except what I read here so as not to hear anything before hand.
Don't waste your time, It was a typical debate. Nothing interesting, nothing different.
I'll sum up the arguments for you.
McBush
I'll work across the isle.
I've got the track record.
Drilling is the answer
Drilling isn't the answer.
I never supported going into Iraq.
Bush was wrong in Iraq.
I've been right on every major conflict.
They wouldn't have won a jr. high school debate competition.
There is one thing I really did like. But I'll let you watch it before I post it tomorrow if I remember.

bionicarm

I just watched a rerun of the debate on CNN. McCain just kept sounding like a broken record about "The Surge', and did nothing but chastise Obama because he didn't agree with it. What was interesting about the CNN coverage, was they had these three lines running across a grid representing the audience approval or disapproval of each candidates comments whenever they were answering the question at hand. One line was for the Reps, one for the Dems, and one for the Independents. The solid line in the middle of the grid was neutral, anything above the line was positive approval, below the line was negative approval. Out of the 6 questions I watched each candidate answer, when McCain was answering, the responses were slightly positive to mid-positive, then neutral, then when he began attacking Obama, they went negative. This Reps stayed higher than the other two when he was speaking, but at times, they skewed along with the Dems and Independents. Obama's stayed mostly positive, some highly positive, with the lines of all three party's staying the same most of the time (the Reps line did fall lower than the other two quite a few times). What was most interesting was when McCain was responding to a question, and his responses were mostly neutral, the lines would start going more positive when Obama gave a rebuttal. As soon as Obama ended his rebuttal, and McCain did another counter, the lines would drop back down to neutral, and even go negative depending on the question. Then as soon as Obama countered again, the lines would start going positive again. Not sure what the demographics of the audience was, or how many were being used for respondents, but based on the lines, they disagreed more with McCain's opinion and responses than they did Obama.

darthtang aw

ummm...how could they gauge that? did they have the audience hooked up to wires and crap? Did they have a noise meter that weighed crowd cheering and noise? That sounds retarded...