Deer hunting

the claw

Links to this years freezer. Buyer beware on these photos, there might be images that may offend certain folks.

the claw

The first image is of the biggest deer of all, my Idaho moose. The second is a picture of my idaho deer. the third is of my greatest accomplishment of all, my wifes first elk. The last picture is of my Washington deer.

the claw

On my Idaho deer, I saw 9 bucks that day, and I was hunting with my camera and pistol. This deer I found bedded and I took his picture before harvesting him with my pistol. Here he is....

tangman99

Originally posted by jkvjl
Sorry, I like animals better then people.:sleepy:

I'm with you. I do not hunt at all, but I don't have anything against those that eat what they hunt.

jkvjl

Your right TangMan99, If you kill it for food I see nothing wrong with that. I've even had some before vanisine(spelling deer meat) and it was great it was like a meat pie. It was very good.

tangman99

Originally posted by jkvjl
Your right TangMan99, If you kill it for food I see nothing wrong with that. I've even had some before vanisine(spelling deer meat) and it was great it was like a meat pie. It was very good.

I agree. Deer meat is good. I had some awesome deer sausage. My son's stepfather is an avid hunter and takes vacations every year to go out west to hunt.

reefraff

You want to try something tasty get some Buffalo meat. I got a 3 year old one last year and the meat was really tender.

tanksalot

Love deer hunting? I live to deer hunt, I spend most of my free time hunitng. I perfer bow hunting, but rifle hunting's not bad...and its alot better than being at work.
The Claw
You seem to do very well every year, nice pics. I would like to go west and try my hand at some nice elk. But for now I will stick with deer.

the claw

Thanks, I hunt alot. I also spend alot of time out in the woods doing photography. Its alot harder to take a good picture of an animal than it is to shoot it.
Moose is way better than deer for eating. Less gamey anyhow. Not to mention, they last longer. :)

fishking

man this sucks, supposedly nj might take hunting away and i havent been able to hust yea cause my mom hasnt gotten her liscense yet

C

capschamp

very nice takes! how was the moose (assuming you did eat it)? and for those that have never had it deer sausage and jerky is some of the best meat ever made.

oceanminded

Reefraf I would love to live in Montana and hunt the game that your state has(and abundance). Bang Guy I have boiled the antlers before but they still did not have a good taste.