Deer hunting

Check out my dial up inter net access www.deerslayer.org
drop me a line and I'll hook you up for 7.95 dial up and 9.95 for accelerated. Just mention SWF.com
I'll hav eto e-mail you the dialer, until it gets added into the page ( hopefully by friday)

bang guy

Originally posted by oceanminded
Bang Guy I have boiled the antlers before but they still did not have a good taste.

Maybe people use a Crock Pot. Meanwhile my freezer is full to the gills with Doe Steaks, Tenderloin & roasts and I have 150 pounds of Venison at Warsaw Meet Inc. being turned into sausage and Hot Dogs :D... gotta love them hot dogs. The Backstraps were grilled & eaten before they even got cold. Those are a family favorite.
The only downfall is that the Coyote population seems to be increasing because I've never seen more that two at a time. The snow is packed down solid around the bone pile and all the bones are gone.
Anyone want to sight in their .223 on some Coyotes??

Anyone want to sight in their .223 on some Coyotes??
Yeah, I do! But both of mine are "assault weapons", and I don't want to add those to the DA's collection.

oceanminded

Bang Guy I still dont know what you are implying with the "doe meat" but around these parts buck is just as good, if not better than doe.

During the deer breeding season (the rut), male deer become very aggresive, fight amongst each other, scrape trees with thier antlers, and pee on their back legs.
Doe deer, during this time, eat. They try to avoid hormone crazed bucks, until that 48 hr period where that buck is sexy.
That same satisfied buck, runs himself to near death attempting to spread his DNA, while the doe...eats.
Doe tastes better than buck.
Ask any hunter.

bang guy

Originally posted by oceanminded
Bang Guy I still dont know what you are implying with the "doe meat" but around these parts buck is just as good, if not better than doe.

I wasn't implying anything other than I'm not a trophy hunter. I admire the patients of those that are, it's just not for me :)
What you're saying about Buck being as good as Doe is true in Arizona and Texas too as long as they're not harvested late in the rut, it's not true for me here in Western NY. I'm a big fan of Venison Jerky from Buck but it can be really gamey sometimes. I just gotta chuckly at the guys (and gals) going to great lengths to disquise the gamey taste when there were Does standing right next to the Buck they harvested. Oh well, as long as they keep the numbers down around here I don't really care why they harvest them.

sweetreef

Oregon has some very fine hunting i hunt for Roosvelts its a bigger body elk than your rocky Mt Elk but the Rocky Mt Elk have bigger horns but we have both types of elk Roosvelts are mostly on the coast side I will eat elk over cow anyday

sweetreef

Claw very nice Rocky you got there you and your wife!!!!My ucle lives up in sadpoint Idaho they have very nice hunting up there as well i have hunted there a few times but them out of state tags are getting verry spendy

900dublr

Hunting is my favorite hobby. I rifle, black powder and bow hunt as much as I can. Also chase turkeys in the spring. :happy:

floorguy

HELL YEA!! prefer doe but i love the trophy what a rush standing 25 feet from huge deer shakeing so bad the deer can see ya gotta love it, BEAUTIFUL DEER GUYS AND CONGRATULATIONS on what seems like another good year for us hunters. you should try some bologne (spelling oops) and some keilbase they are out of this world. my wife loves the ground beef we add a little deer fat while mixing it up no pork fat at all burgers never shrink, good stuff. just had lasagna with deer burger cant tell the difference.

22caddy

I'm not a big fan of hunting, especially when done with a rifle. I do however bowhunt, well not in a long time. Compound bow, it is so much more challenging and more rewarding. Not knocking anyone, it all tastes the same, but to me its the challenge.

overanalyzer

I am not a hunter at all (never got into it) but man I wish people around here would harvest a bunch more - we have deer in our back yard and I see them nightly on my 10 minute drive home ....
don't even get me started on the canadian geese .... might take up hunting just so I can blast them from my back deck. Goose poop everywhere .....
My biggest concern is with the goose and deer populations exploding around us here and the suburbs of des moines starting to stretch out there are going to be more nasty accidents, then you also have to worry about the predatory animals making a comeback to the area .....
Not a hunter but I'm all for you guys taking them out!!

overanalyzer

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Grilled Goose

[hr]
sliced on a roll looks & tastes just like a nice Roast Beef Sandwich :D

Whatever it takes to stop them from dropping on my car .... stuff does not wash off very easily.....