delete my profile

d-man

you and flower aside I don't get along with most people on this sight and I don't really like a lot of this sites policies. I am finding I'm learning a lot more off a different sight because I feel more comfortable and because they allow links and competitive sales on their site witch allows for a direct way to squash a lot of the squabbling over info because you can compare info and prices much easier. I also am running into a lot of moral difficulty with views and choices of words (some times being my own reaction and word choice) used and allowed on this site.

meowzer

I'm really sorry to hear that :( I hope you change your mind, or at least visit mine and Flowers threads

bluebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man http:///forum/thread/382405/delete-my-profile#post_3337236
you and flower aside I don't get along with most people on this sight and I don't really like a lot of this sites policies. I am finding I'm learning a lot more off a different sight because I feel more comfortable and because they allow links and competitive sales on their site witch allows for a direct way to squash a lot of the squabbling over info because you can compare info and prices much easier. I also am running into a lot of moral difficulty with views and choices of words (some times being my own reaction and word choice) used and allowed on this site.
Off topic much? But, seriously why would you want to delete your profile? What's the use of deleting it?

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man http:///forum/thread/382405/delete-my-profile#post_3337236
Sorry To hear that D-man.. Hope that you dont choose to stay away that you will come back and check in and let us know how things are going for you... Take care and best of luck to you!!

hunt

i tried to delete my profile a few months ago because my twin brother got on and was messing with my stuff, i never figured it out.

d-man

what the hell?? no info? just like normal I ask a direct question and get a bunch of comments instead of info. I don't like having profiles out on the net that I don't want and it really shows the lack of attention this site is getting that no mod is willing to at least answer this question. I'm assuming that the site would rather keep peoples profile even though they don't use it to make it look like there are more members than there are. Do I have to start braking rules and try to get kicked out?

spanko

I think this requires a mod to do, as you probably know already. Why not go in and edit your profile to take out all of the information you can so when someone looks at it there is nothing there really?

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
I am not quite sure how to do it.
I will look into it at work tomorrow for you.
pm me tomorrow please.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man http:///forum/thread/382405/delete-my-profile#post_3337548
what the hell?? no info? just like normal I ask a direct question and get a bunch of comments instead of info. I don't like having profiles out on the net that I don't want and it really shows the lack of attention this site is getting that no mod is willing to at least answer this question. I'm assuming that the site would rather keep peoples profile even though they don't use it to make it look like there are more members than there are. Do I have to start braking rules and try to get kicked out?
Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you're so disappointed in the site. They really are working hard to fix things and bring it back to the way it used to be. Many of us are sorry to hear that you aren't willing to stick things out and stay.
Secondly, you posted this on a Sunday afternoon, and didn't even wait 24hours before flipping that there was no response. While I agree that the "Ask Saltwaterfish" section should be attended to a little better than it has been lately, 24hours on a Sunday isn't too much to ask for.
If you were to misbehave just to be banned, your profile would not be deleted, it would still be available for viewing, it would just simply say that you were a banned member and you would have no access.
My suggestion would be what others have already stated, go in and delete all your information. You have control over what people see in your profile, so just delete everything. It isn't like your name appears so I don't think you need to worry about stalkers, lol.

spanko