DeltaBlack22's 20L Frag Tank Diary!!!

deltablack22

Not much Greg - just playing in the sand until we can get the hell back home. Almost 3 months down and only 5 to go... Hows that tank of yours doing? I remember you working on the small tank but I havent had time to get on here and look around lately.
I know this thread is highly neglected but I'll post the before and after shots when I get back. Take it easy...

deltablack22

Well I'm finally home and had a chance the other night to take a few new shots of the frag tank... It was late and only the blue lights were on but once I do a few things to the tank and figure out this new camera I'll repost some better pictures.

M

monsterm

Those are pretty nice pics. Awsome corals. What camera are you using?

deltablack22

Originally Posted by monsterM
http:///forum/post/2611597
Those are pretty nice pics. Awsome corals. What camera are you using?
Thanks. The camera is a Sony DSC H-9, the old pics on this thread are all from a T-9 but they both seem to take pretty good pictures using the macro mode. If I ever learned the camera I could probably take better pics...

kaingers

Frag tank looks great! When are you going to send some of those frags to Raleigh!? I am in a pickle between a frag tank and a breeders tank. Not sure if I should set anything up just yet as I am graduating in December. Keep up the good work

deltablack22

Originally Posted by kaingers
http:///forum/post/2615499
Frag tank looks great! When are you going to send some of those frags to Raleigh!? I am in a pickle between a frag tank and a breeders tank. Not sure if I should set anything up just yet as I am graduating in December. Keep up the good work
I havent started to persue trading/selling anything yet, just locally so far but if you see something that catches your eye just let me know. We could probably work it out.

deltablack22

Thanks fellas...
Well I've finally got my tanks in order this weekend. I had a ton of hair algae in my display and my frag tank was starting to get overrun with coraline. I got it all cleaned up, built a new frag rack and will be posting some updated pics shortly.

deltablack22

I cleaned up my display and added one of the larger rocks from my frag tank that had two bright green shrooms and a spaghetti leather on it. Here are the before and after shots.

deltablack22

Now on to the frag tank - I really like this frag rack much better than the previous one that I had. I can actually get up underneath it to move items around and I have plenty of room around the sides to clean the glass. This is the new look thanks to light defusers, zip ties and off brand super glue...

deltablack22

The following pics are of the frags themselves. I'll be splitting up some of these colonies here in the near future for sale/trade.

azfishgal

Wow, your tanks look great. Love the frag tank!!! You know, I have some great looking zoos but for the past 6 months my largest colony has slowly been melting away (and it's not pox). I'm not sure what it is. I've tried dipping them and nothing seems to help. I can't ever see anything eating them or bothering them. Now it seems to be moving to my Tub's Blue zoos.
For about 8 months all my zoos did great and now this. The rest of my corals are fine so I'm not sure what it is or what to do.